||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
At K-Pop World Festival, 2013
|Birth name||Moon Jong-Up|
February 6, 1995 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Associated acts||B.A.P, Secret|
|Revised Romanization||Mun Jong-eop|
Life and career
1995–2011: Early life and career beginnings
Moon Jong Up was born in Seongnam, South Korea, on February 6, 1995. Jong Up has two older brothers. He went to Sunae elementary school and Sunae middle school. He studied and graduated from the Hanlim Multi Art High School in Seoul, South Korea. When asked how he became a singer, Jong Up commented, "Dance became my hobby in my first year of middle school. Because I loved dancing it started to give me a comfortable feeling, eventually I ended up going to tournaments. After that I stood on stage and felt the allure of the stage, and ended up choosing this road. I am now attending an arts school. My time as a trainee at this company is about a year." In 2011, he also appeared in the music videos of Secret’s "Shy Boy" and "Starlight Moonlight", and Bang&Zelo’s "Never Give Up".
In March 2011, TS Entertainment already signaled that they will debut a boy band in 2012. Bang Yong Guk was the first member to be revealed in TS Entertainment's upcoming boy band with singles such as "Going Crazy" and "I Remember". In August 2011, TS Entertainment introduced its second member, Kim Him Chan and revealed that he will be an emcee in MTV's The Show. In November 2011, TS Entertainment stated that they will debut a sub-unit group for their upcoming boy band previously known as "TS Baby" featuring Bang Yong Guk and another member.
B.A.P debuted in January 2012 with their lead single "Warrior". On January 28, 2012, the group held its debut showcase concert in Seoul, South Korea with over 3,000 people attended the show. Their debut single met them critical acclaim as various media outlets dubbed the song and its music video, "powerful and charismatic".
Artistry and influences
Moon Jong Up is the main dancer and sub vocalist of the group. Jong Up is influenced by dance, Hip-Hop & R&B music, and he cites Chris Brown as his major influence and one of his idols particularly in singing and dancing.
For Jong Up's work with B.A.P, see B.A.P's discography.
|2012||Ta-dah It's B.A.P||SBS MTV||Cast|
|B.A.P's Killing Camp||Mnet||Cast|
|2016||Idol Battle Likes||KBS||Guest with B.A.P, Ep. 2|
|2011||"Shy Boy"||Secret||Random guy dancing in background (red jacket)|
|"Starlight Moonlight"||Secret||The guy holding a newspaper.|
|"Never Give Up"||Bang&Zelo||Student(dancer with green cap beside Himchan)|
|2012||Mnet||M! Countdown||Guest MC||With B.A.P, RT M! Countdown (2012-02-23)|
- "B.A.P Profile". KBS World. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- Hwang Yo-Jin (2012-03-09). "(INTERVIEW) B.A.P Zelo, Jong-up". 10asia. ⓒ 10아시아. Retrieved 2012-03-28. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "10asia_Zelo_Jong_Up_interview" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Choi Se-Jung (2012-02-23). "「B.A.P」を探れ！～アナザー・エピソード 1～". Korean Pia News (in Korean). PIA Corporation. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- Park, HyunMin (December 19, 2011). "Bang Yong Guk & Zelo to Debut with B.A.P". enewsworld. CJ E&M. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- Lee, Ellie (January 3, 2012). "WHO IS B.A.P?". MTVK. Viacom International Inc. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- Xu, Tina (August 25, 2011). "SECOND MEMBER OF TS BABY REVEALED THROUGH MTV KOREA'S THE SHOW!". MTVK. Viacom International Inc. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- Xu, Tina (December 1, 2011). "PROJECT DUO BANG & ZELO REVEALS "NEVER GIVE UP" MV FEATURING SECRET'S HYOSUNG!". MTVK. Viacom International Inc. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- Park, HyunMin (January 30, 2012). "B.A.P Brings in Big Crowds for Its Debut Showcase". enewsworld. CJ E&M. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- 2012년 빛낼 아이돌 출격 임박..'신고 합니다!' (in Korean). Star News. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- Xu, Tina (January 25, 2012). "B.A.P MAKES LONG AWAITED DEBUT WITH "WARRIOR"". MTV Korea. Viacom International Inc. Retrieved January 26, 2012.