Moore Park Beach, Queensland
|Moore Park Beach|
|Population||2,650 (2016 census)|
|• Density||44.92/km2 (116.3/sq mi)|
|Area||59.0 km2 (22.8 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
Moore Park Beach is a coastal rural locality in the Bundaberg Region, Queensland, Australia. The coastal town of Moore Park is within the locality. In the 2016 census, the locality had a population of 2,650 people of which 2,122 lived within the town of Moore Park.
Moore Park Beach is on the Pacific Ocean, 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) north of the city of Bundaberg. It is bordered on the north by the Kolan River, on the south by the suburbs of Moorland and Welcome Creek, and on the east by Fairymead.
Moore Park boasts almost 20 kilometres (12 mi) of golden sandy beach. The very northern end of the beach is used for four-wheel driving, the southern end is a popular bathing area with seasonal patrols by the Moore Park Surf Lifesaving Club.
Demographics of Moore Park Beach
Moore Park Beach's population has increased from 1,279 in 2001 to 1,599 in 2006 - an increase of 25%.
26 individuals (1.8%) reported aboriginal descent in the 2006 census. 15% of respondents were over 65 years of age. The commonest languages spoken at home were English (96%), German, Maltese, Dutch and Italian.
59.1% of residents reported Christianity as their religion.
- Anglican 19.8%
- Catholic 18.9%
- Uniting Church 8.2%
- Presbyterian & Reformed 3.3%
- Lutheran 2.7%
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Moore Park Beach (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Moore Park Beach – locality in Bundaberg Region (entry 44749)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- "Moore Park – town in Bundaberg Region (entry 22720)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Moore Park (UCL)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- Moore Park - Places to Visit - Bundaberg, Coral Coast & Country - Queensland Holidays
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Moore Park (Burnett Shire) (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 28 February 2008.
- Timetable Archived 28 February 2016 at the Wayback Machine Stewart & Sons
Media related to Moore Park Beach, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons