From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Morose)
|Look up melancholia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Melancholia was one of the four temperaments in proto-psychology and pre-modern medicine, representing a state of low mood.
Melancholia may also refer to
- Depression (mood), a state of low mood also known as "melancholia"
- Major depressive disorder, a mood disorder historically called "melancholia"
- Melancholia (1989 film), a British-German film by Andi Engel, starring Jeroen Krabbé
- Melancholia (2008 film), a Philippine film by Lav Diaz
- Melancholia (2011 film), an English-language film by Lars von Trier
- "Melancholia", a musical composition by Duke Ellington that first appeared on the album The Duke Plays Ellington
- 5708 Melancholia, an asteroid
- Melencolia I, an engraving by Albrecht Dürer
- Melancholia I, a 1995 novel by Jon Fosse
- Melancholia II, a 1996 novella by Jon Fosse
- Involutional melancholia, a traditional name for a psychiatric disorder affecting mainly elderly or late middle-aged people that is no longer in use
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Melancholia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.