Mountain Avenue station
An afternoon train leaving Mountain Avenue station in February 2015. The 1893 station depot, constructed by the Erie Railroad is on the left.
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||2 low level side platforms|
|Connections|| NJT Bus: 28
|Bicycle facilities||parking racks|
|Station code||1743 (Erie Railroad)|
|Electrified||September 30, 2002|
|Passengers (2012)||140 (average weekday)|
Mountain Avenue Station
The station depot at Mountain Avenue, constructed by the Erie Railroad.
|Location||451 Upper Mountain Ave., Upper Montclair, New Jersey|
|Area||0.3 acres (0.1 ha)|
|Architectural style||Queen Anne|
|MPS||Operating Passenger Railroad Stations TR|
|NRHP Reference #||84002654|
|Added to NRHP||June 22, 1984|
Mountain Avenue is a New Jersey Transit station in Montclair in Essex County, New Jersey, United States, along the Montclair-Boonton Line. The station is located on Upper Mountain Avenue, which gives the station its name.
The station is the fifth stop in Montclair along the line heading towards Hackettstown and Dover, and the second heading towards Hoboken Terminal. This station building, constructed in 1893, is used as a private residence, and is on lease from the railway.
Weekend service is not provided.
- Shaw, William H. (1884). History of Essex and Hudson Counties, New Jersey. 2. Essex County, New Jersey: Everts & Peck.
- "List of Station Names and Numbers". Jersey City, New Jersey: Erie Railroad. May 1, 1916. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- Shaw 1884, p. 100.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Weiss, Jennifer (February 13, 2008). "The station agents: Mother, daughter call Montclair depot home". The Star-Ledger. Montclair, New Jersey: Gannett Newspapers. Retrieved 5 July 2010.
- Media related to Mountain Avenue (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|