My Son, My Son! (film)
|My Son, My Son!|
|Directed by||Charles Vidor|
|Produced by||Edward Small|
|Written by||Lenore J. Coffee|
|Based on||novel by Howard Spring|
|Cinematography||Harry Stradling Sr.|
|Edited by||Fred R. Feitshans Jr.|
Edward Small Productions
|Distributed by||United Artists|
My Son, My Son! is a 1940 American drama film based on a novel by the same name written by Howard Spring and directed by Charles Vidor. It was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Art Direction by John DuCasse Schulze.
- Madeleine Carroll as Livia Vaynol
- Brian Aherne as William Essex
- Louis Hayward as Oliver Essex
- Laraine Day as Maeve O'Riorden
- Henry Hull as Dermot O'Riorden
- Josephine Hutchinson as Nellie Moscrop Essex
- Sophie Stewart as Sheila O'Riorden
- Bruce Lester as Rory O'Riorden
- Scotty Beckett as Oliver as a Child
- Brenda Henderson as Maeve as a Child
- Teddy Moorwood as Rory as a Child
- May Beatty as Annie
- Stanley Logan as The Colonel
- Lionel Belmore as Mr. Moscrop
- Mary Gordon as Mrs. Mulvaney
- David Clyde as Drayman
- Vesey O'Davoren as Parker, Butler
- Pat Flaherty as Joe Baxter
- Victor Kendall as Pogson
- Mary Field as Betsy, First Maid
- Audrey Manners as Second Maid
- Sibyl Harris as First Landlady
- Connie Leon as Second Landlady
Plans to make the film were temporarily halted due to World War II.
- "NY Times: My Son, My Son!". NY Times. Retrieved December 13, 2008.
- "Marshall Will Play in 'My Son, My Son': Europe Lures Notables Students Belittle Stars Tommy Kelly Assigned Ann Sheridan's New Role" Schallert, Edwin. Los Angeles Times 28 Mar 1939: 15.
- "ENTER VILLAIN LOUIS HAYWARD!.". The Australian Women's Weekly. National Library of Australia. 18 May 1940. p. 36 Supplement: The Movie World. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "PRODUCERS GIRD FOR WAR: The Cinema Capital Contemplates Its Probable Effects Upon the Industry" by DOUGLAS W. CHURCHILL. New York Times 10 Sep 1939: X3.
|This 1940s drama film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|