Location of Nakamura in Aichi Prefecture
|• Total||16.31 km2 (6.30 sq mi)|
|Population (September 2011)|
|• Density||8,296/km2 (21,490/sq mi)|
|• Flower||Narcissus (Daffodil)|
|• Flowering tree||Satsuki azalea|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||愛知県名古屋市中村区竹橋町36-31
Nakamura Ward is famous as the birthplace of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
One of the merchant areas is called Funairi-chō, which is close to the Hori Canal. The area was heavily damaged during the Bombing of Nagoya in World War II. One of the houses that was saved from there is the Tōmatsu House.
The modern ward was officially established on October 1, 1937.
Central Japan Railway Company has its headquarters in the JR Central Towers in Meieki. Aoki's Pizza has its headquarters in Nakamura-ku. DMG Mori Seiki has its headquarters in Nakamura-ku.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2015)|
Famous people born in Nakamura Ward include:
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Samurai
- Katō Kiyomasa, Samurai
- Kiyoseumi Takayuki, Sumo wrestler
- Chisato Morishita, actress
- Hiroshi Tamaki, actor
- Mariya Yamada, actress
- Shoichi Kondo, politician
DMG Mori Seiki Co. headquarters
- 平成23年9月1日現在の世帯数と人口(全市・区別) (in Japanese). Nagoya City. 20 September 2011.
- 中村区の紹介 (in Japanese). Nagoya City. 23 March 2010. Retrieved 7 January 2011.
- 区 政 概 要 (PDF) (in Japanese). Nagoya City. 2010. p. 16. Retrieved 7 January 2011.
- Central Japan Railway Company. "Corporate Data". Retrieved June 28, 2009.
- "概要." Aoki's Pizza. Retrieved on February 26, 2010.
- "Corporate Profile." DMG Mori Seiki. Retrieved on January 30, 2011. "Nagoya Head Office 2-35-16 Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya City, Aichi 450-0002, Japan."
- "Bases in Japan." (Direct map image link) Mori Seiki. Retrieved on January 30, 2011. "Nagoya Head Office 2-35-16 Meieki, Nakamura-ku,Nagoya City, Aichi 450-0002, Japan."
- "Contact / Air France agencies." Air France Japan. Retrieved on January 16, 2009.
- "アクセス." Nagoya Corean Elementary School & Kindergarten. Retrieved on October 14, 2015. "〒453-0801名古屋市中村区太閤1-18-33"
Media related to Nakamura-ku, Nagoya at Wikimedia Commons
- Nagoya Mosque (in Japanese)
|This Aichi Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|