This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Type of business||Private|
|Key people||Richard Kirkendall (CEO)|
Hillan Klein (COO)
Sergii Smirnov (CTO)
|Services||Domain Name Registration, Web Hosting|
Namecheap is an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar, which provides domain name registration and web hosting, based in Phoenix, Arizona, US. Namecheap is a budget hosting provider with 11 million registered users and 10 million domains.
ICANN price caps decision
In July 2019, Namecheap was one of the organizations that filed a reconsideration request to ICANN asking to review the decision to remove price caps on .org and .info TLDs. As of September 2019, ICANN ignored such requests.
- "InterNIC - Registrar List". InterNIC. 2017-04-23. Retrieved 2017-04-23.
- Spadafora, Anthony (October 2, 2019). "Namecheap Review". Tom’s Guide. Retrieved October 28, 2019.
- Bustillos, Maria (April 1, 2013). "The Bitcoin Boom". The New Yorker. Retrieved October 8, 2019.
- McCarthy, Kieren (July 29, 2019). "Dot-org price-cap scrap latest: Now ICANN accused of snubbing registrars with 'sham' public comment process". The Register. Retrieved October 8, 2019.
- Binder, Matt (August 9, 2019). "How the battle over domain prices could drastically change the web". Mashable. Retrieved October 8, 2019.
- Karanicolas, Michael (September 14, 2019). "What Is the Purpose of ICANN's Comment Periods?". Retrieved October 8, 2019.