Map of Palawan with Narra highlighted
|Region||MIMAROPA (Region IV-B)|
|Founded||June 21, 1969|
|• Mayor||Lucena D. Demaala|
|• Total||831.73 km2 (321.13 sq mi)|
|• Density||78/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||48|
Besides spelling out the local name for the Pterocarpus indicus—the Philippines' national tree—it is an acronym for National Resettlement Rehabilitation Administration. This program, established on June 18, 1954, resettled landless people from Luzon to Palawan. On June 21, 1969, the Municipality of Narra was created by virtue of Republic Act No. 5642 signed by President Ferdinand Marcos.
Having a title as "The Rice Granary of Palawan" Municipality of Narra is the main rice producer of the Province of Palawan. The municipality also held "Palay Festival" (Formerly called as "Anihan(Reaping) Festival") held every middle or end week of the October.
Narra also includes Rasa Island, home of the endangered endemic cockatoo species called "Katala or Abukay or Kalangay (depends on local dialect)" or Philippine red-vented cockatoo (cacatua haematuropygia) and other rare animal species.
Narra is politically subdivided into 23 barangays.
- Bato-bato (San Isidro)
- Estrella Village
- Narra (Pob.)
- Panacan 2
- Princess Urduja
- Tinagong Dagat
- Bagong Sikat
|Population census of Narra|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Province: PALAWAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "NARRA" (PDF). Provincial Government of Palawan. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Province of Palawan". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Sofronio Española||Sulu Sea|
|This article about a location in Mimaropa region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|