Map of Palawan with Narra highlighted
|Region||MIMAROPA (Region IV-B)|
|Founded||June 21, 1969|
|• Mayor||Lucena D. Demaala|
|• Total||831.73 km2 (321.13 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||88/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)48|
Besides spelling out the local name for the Pterocarpus indicus—the Philippines' national tree—it is an acronym for National Resettlement Rehabilitation Administration. This program, established on June 18, 1954, resettled landless people from Luzon to Palawan. On June 21, 1969, the Municipality of Narra was created by virtue of Republic Act No. 5642 signed by President Ferdinand Marcos.
Having a title as "The Rice Granary of Palawan" Municipality of Narra is the main rice producer of the Province of Palawan. The municipality also held "Palay Festival" (Formerly called as "Anihan(Reaping) Festival") held every middle or end week of the October.
Narra also includes Rasa Island, home of the endangered endemic cockatoo species called "Katala or Abukay or Kalangay (depends on local dialect)" or Philippine red-vented cockatoo (cacatua haematuropygia) and other rare animal species.
Narra is politically subdivided into 23 barangays.
- Bato-bato (San Isidro)
- Estrella Village
- Narra (Pob.)
- Panacan 2
- Princess Urduja
- Tinagong Dagat
- Bagong Sikat
|Population census of Narra|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Narra, Palawan, was 73,212 people, with a density of 88 inhabitants per square kilometre or 230 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Province: PALAWAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IV-B (Mimaropa)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "NARRA" (PDF). Provincial Government of Palawan. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IV-B (Mimaropa)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region IV-B (Mimaropa)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Palawan". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.