Nathan Stapley started his career at LucasArts as an artist on Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine and Star Wars Episode I: Racer. He left LucasArts to work at LucasArts-alumnus Tim Schafer's studio, Double Fine Productions, as an artist.
He created a comic while at Double Fine called My Comic About Me. This comic spawned a free Flash sports game parody called My Game About Me: Olympic Challenge, which was developed by Klint Honeychurch with art by Stapley.
He was working on Broken Age in the role of lead artist and is currently working on Psychonauts 2. A poster created by Stapley was included as one of the reward tiers in the Broken Age Kickstarter campaign.
The Broken Age (working title Double Fine Adventure) Kickstarter campaign was the most successful Kickstarter project at the time, having attracted more backers than any prior effort in the site's history.
- 1999 Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, artist (LucasArts)
- 1999 Star Wars Episode I: Racer, artist (LucasArts)
- 2000 Escape from Monkey Island, artist (LucasArts)
- 2002 Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, artist (LucasArts)
- 2005 Psychonauts, artist (Double Fine)
- 2008 My Game About Me: Olympic Challenge, lead artist (Double Fine)
- 2009 Brütal Legend, artist (Double Fine)
- 2010 Costume Quest, artist (Double Fine)
- 2013 Broken Age, lead artist (Double Fine)
- 2018 Psychonauts 2, artist (Double Fine)
- Dutton, Fred (2012-02-24). "Double Fine Adventure will likely be "old school" 2D". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- Landon, Robinson (2012-02-25). "Double Fine Adventure Likely to be "Old School" 2D". Inside Gaming. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- Keyes, Rob. "Psychonauts 2 Is Finally Happening And In A Historic Way". Screen Rant. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Thrashing, mad, metal: the art of Double Fine's Brütal Legend". Boing Boing. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- "Double Fine drops new mini-game 'My Game About Me'". Joystiq. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- "Exciting mini-game from Double Fine". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- Chalk, Andy (2012-03-12). "Double Fine Kickstarter Ends Tomorrow". The Escapist. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- "Double Fine Action Arcade Soundtrack Contains All Your Flash Favorites". The International House of Mojo. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- Mudhar, Raju (2012-02-09). "Game developer raises $700,000 in less than a day using crowd-funding site Kickstarter". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- Nathan Stapley at MobyGames
- My Comic About Me at the Double Fine web site
- My Game About Me: Olympic Challenge at the Double Fine web site