NewKidCo International Inc. (TSE:NKC; OTC BB: NKCIF), was an American video game publisher of children's titles based on popular licensed characters, for Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft consoles. It went out of business in 2005.
Initially NewKidCo had subsidiary offices in Burlington, Massachusetts and Midtown Manhattan, New York City. At a later point, it was headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, with its only office being there.
NewKidCo had a partnership with Canadian animation studio CinéGroupe to make video games based on Tom and Jerry and Dora the Explorer. Circa 2003, two of NewKidCo's properties, Winnie the Pooh and Dora the Explorer, were sold to Gotham Games.
Most of their games were rated E for everyone, with the exception of Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers, which is rated T for teen due to its excessive yet cartoony violence. Ubisoft published almost all of NewKidCo's titles in Europe since the company did not have an office there.
- E.T.: Return to the Green Planet (PlayStation 2)
- E.T.: Salerian Project (Game Boy Advance)
- E.T.: Search for Dragora (Nintendo GameCube, Xbox)
- Doug: Adventures in Bluffington (PlayStation)
- PB&J Otter: Noodle Dance Mania! (PlayStation)
- PB&J Otter: Pinch Saves the Day! (Game Boy Color)
- Little League Baseball 2002 (Nintendo GameCube)
- The Super-Stoo-Pendus World of Dr. Seuss (Game Boy Advance)
- U.S. Youth Soccer: Power-Up Soccer (Game Boy Advance)
- "About NewKidCo International Inc." NewKidCo. December 29, 2001. Retrieved on July 28, 2010.
- "SoftQuad International Explores Strategic Alternatives for Web Tools Unit - Press Centre". Xml.coverpages.org. 1998-06-10. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "Business Wire: SoftQuad International Inc. Announces Special Meeting of Shareholders". Web.archive.org. 15 May 2005. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "Corporate Directory." NewKidCo. October 7, 1999. Retrieved on July 27, 2010.
- "Corporate Directory." NewKidCo. January 4, 2002. Retrieved on July 27, 2010.
- Official Website (Archive)