New Zealand cricket team in Australia in 1973–74
Jump to navigation Jump to search
New Zealand team
- Bevan Congdon (captain)
- Glenn Turner (vice-captain)
- Gren Alabaster
- Bryan Andrews
- Lance Cairns
- Keith Campbell
- Jeremy Coney
- Dayle Hadlee
- Richard Hadlee
- Brian Hastings
- John Morrison
- David O'Sullivan
- John Parker
- Mike Shrimpton
- Ken Wadsworth
Coney joined the tour when Turner was injured. Andrews, Cairns, Coney and Morrison made their Test debuts on the tour. Alabaster and Campbell never played Test cricket.
Test series summary
29 December 1973–2 January 1974
5–10 January 1974
- Australia won the toss and elected to field.
- 8 January was taken as a rest day.
- There was no play on the third and final days.
- JV Coney (NZ) made his Test debut.
26–31 January 1974
- Wisden 1975, pp. 930-43.
- Bill Frindall, The Wisden Book of Test Cricket 1877-1978, Wisden, 1979
- Chris Harte, A History of Australian Cricket, Andre Deutsch, 1993
- New Zealand in Australia 1973-74 at CricketArchive
|This article on an international cricket tour of Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|