|Alma mater||IIT Delhi, IIM Lucknow|
|Occupation(s)||Entrepreneur and author|
|Known for||CEO of Incedo|
COO of Flipkart
Chairperson of NASSCOM
Co-founder of Plaksha University
|Notable work||Winning in the Digital Age (2021)|
Nitin Seth is an Indian tech entrepreneur and author who served as the COO of Flipkart. He is currently serving as the CEO of Incedo, a US-based engineering services company. An alumnus of the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, he has served as the Managing Director of Fidelity International in India. Nitin is often regarded as a leader in Indian IT, BPO and Analytics industries. He served as Chairperson of NASSCOM's GCC Council and was the Chairperson of the NASSCOM Regional Council (NRC) in Haryana, India. He is the co-founder of Plaksha University, a private science and technology university based in Punjab, India.
Nitin Seth joined Flipkart as the chief people officer in February 2016, appointed by its co-founder Binny Bansal. In less than 6 months, he was promoted to Chief Administrative Officer. Later, in January 2017, he was made Chief Operations Officer of the company when Kalyan Krishnamurthy took over as Flipkart CEO from co-founder Binny Bansal, who took over as group CEO. During his tenure as the COO of Flipkart, he also assumed control of Flipkart's in-house logistics arm Ekart.
In May 2017, Seth resigned from the company, citing personal reasons, as reported by The Economic Times. Later, in July 2017, he served a legal notice to Flipkart, calling "his removal was illegal".
Before joining Flipkart, Nitin Seth worked as the managing director and Country Head of Fidelity International for 6 years, overseeing its offshore operations across India and Tunisia. In October 2017, Seth was appointed as CEO of Incedo Inc., a San Francisco-based engineering services company.
Nitin chaired the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM) Regional Council for Haryana and helped create the IT policy for the Haryana. He has championed the development of the start-up ecosystem, creating a forward-looking IT Policy for the state and infrastructure improvements in Gurgaon, Haryana.
He set up and served as the chairman of the NASSCOM forum for Global In-house Centers (GICs) for North India and has led the industry-wide initiative to develop the vision and strategic roadmap for GICs. He was the Chairperson of the National GIC Council and was part of the NASSCOM Executive Council. He was the founding member of the NASSCOM GCC council.
The book won a silver medal at the Axiom Business Book Awards 2022 in the Business Technology category, a Gold Stevie at the International Business Awards 2022 in Best Business Book category, a silver Stevie at the American Business Awards 2022 in the Best Business Book category. Also, the book won the 2022 CK Prahalad Best Business Book Awards at the Bangalore Business Literature Festival.
- Peermohamed, Alnoor (October 23, 2017). "Former Flipkart executive Nitin Seth joins Incedo as CEO". Business Standard.
- Semgupta, Shalini (February 17, 2016). "Flipkart appoints Nitin Seth as Chief People Officer". People Matters.
- "Nitin Seth". hua.edu. Retrieved 22 June 2021.
- "Alumni in Focus - Nithin Seth". Alumni.iiml.ac.in. IIM Lucknow. January 31, 2019.
- Chanchani, Madhav (May 31, 2017). "Flipkart's COO quits; Krishnamurthy's grip tightens". The Economic Times.
- "Flipkart COO Nitin Seth quits, sixth top-level exit in last 5 months". The News Minute. May 31, 2017.
- Mishra, Digbijay (July 13, 2017). "Ex-COO sends Flipkart notice over his ouster". The Times of India.
- "IT-BPO set to face new challenges". New Indian Express. June 22, 2012.
- "NASSCOM" (PDF). Nasscom.in. 2015.
- Aggarwal, Nikhar (April 1, 2021). "Winning in the Age of Digital: Author Nitin Seth reveals his success strategy". The Economic Times.
- Seth, Nitin (January 2021). Winning in the Digital Age. Penguin Random House. ISBN 9780670095421.
- "India's digital transformation story – a growth paradox?". Punekar News. March 11, 2021.
- "Bestsellers in Management". Amazon. 17 July 2021.
- "2022 Axiom Business Book Award Winner".
- "International Business Awards 2022 in Best Business Book". Stevie Awards.
- "2022 American Business Awards".
- "2022 BBLF CK Prahalad Best Business Book Awards". Bangalore BizLitFest.