|District||West Khasi Hills|
|Elevation||1,409 m (4,623 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||ML 06|
Nongstoin is located at  It has an average elevation of 1409 metres (4622 feet).e.
As of 2001[update] India census, Nongstoin had a population of 22,003. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Nongstoin has an average literacy rate of 67%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 67%, and female literacy is 66%. In Nongstoin, 23% of the population is under 6 years of age.
In January 2006, Pope Benedict XVI erected a diocese in Nongstoin, covering the West Khasi Hills district. The Franciscan Missionary Brothers of the Catholic Church run a College and a School at Siejlieh, Nongstoin
Since 2015 the annual Nongkhnum Festival was held Nongkhnum River Island. The program conducts are right from pole climbing, trekking, beauty contest, to Moto-Cross and many more. Since the event is co-organised with swacch bharat it was meant to make awareness about Cleanliness. The event is supposed to be plastic free zone. Due to negligence it cost two life who drowned at the river and injured to one person at moto cross event. The lack management had really turn the area full of plastic and bottle in the next day which is being a burden to the volunteer and the villagers to clean up all the messed up.
Place of Interest
- Nongkhnum River Island and Beach
- Weinia Falls
- Shadthum Falls
- Riatsohkhe Falls
- Langshiang Falls, Wei Spi Falls, Shad Chong Falls
- Mawthadraishan Peak and Lakes
- Pamphyrnai Lake
- Umyiap Paddy Field
- Rambrai, Urkhli, Mawlangsu.
- Punglieh, Syllei Iawkhein
- Wahriat Falls
- Nongstoin Bye Pass
- Rwiang river, Wahblei river
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Nongstoin
- "Langshiang Falls". india9. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- ;"Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Meghalaya is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|