List of Indian state flowers
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
India, officially the Republic of India is a country in South Asia. It is made up of 28 states and 8 union territories. All Indian states have their own government and Union territories come under the jurisdiction of the Central Government. As most of the other countries India too has a national emblem—the Lion Capital of Sarnath.
|Union territory||Common name||Binomial name||Image|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Andaman Pyinma||Lagerstroemia hypoleuca|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu||Not yet designated|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Common rhododendron||Rhododendron ponticum|
|Ladakh||Not yet designated|
|Puducherry||Cannonball tree's flower||Couroupita guianensis|
- Indian lotus, the national flower of India
- List of Indian state symbols
- List of Indian state flags
- List of Indian state emblems
- List of Indian state mottos
- List of Indian state songs
- List of Indian state foundation days
- List of Indian state animals
- List of Indian state birds
- List of Indian state trees
- "Symbols of States of India". affairscloud.com. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- "State Animals, Birds, Trees and Flowers of India". www.frienvis.nic.in. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- http://2.imimg.com/data2/OT/FH/MY-/shiv-pdf.pdf for the scientific name
- "State Flower Jarul :: Maharashtra". city flowers Social Work. 2015. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Government of Maharashtra ENVIS Cell :Important native trees of India Archived 24 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- "CyberOrissa.com :: Orissa". cyberorissa.com. 2011. Archived from the original on 29 August 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- "Orissa State Symbols". mapsofindia.com. 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
The state flower is the ‘Ashoka’ flower
- "Palash gets state flower's status - Times Of India". indiatimes.com. 2011. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
Palash (Butea monosperma) is now the state flower of Uttar Pradesh
- "IE Briefs - Indian Express". indianexpress.com. 2011. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
The Uttar Pradesh government has declared ‘Palash’ or the ‘Flame of Forest’ as the state flower
- "State Flowers of India". www.bsienvis.nic.in. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- State Animal, Bird, Tree and Flower of Chandigarh (PDF).
- Complete Reference for Indian flower collection
- Complete Indian flower collection
- Indian state flowers
- Official flora and fauna of various states in India On Biodiversity of India wiki
|This India-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|