Orange Township, Ashland County, Ohio
|Orange Township, Ashland County, Ohio|
Fire station and post office in Nankin
Location of Orange Township in Ashland County.
|• Total||38.0 sq mi (98.4 km2)|
|• Land||37.8 sq mi (97.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||1,178 ft (359 m)|
|• Density||67/sq mi (25.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085712|
Located in the north central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Troy Township - north
- Sullivan Township - northeast
- Jackson Township - east
- Montgomery Township - south
- Milton Township - southwest corner
- Clear Creek Township - west
- Ruggles Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Orange Township is part of the Mapleton Local School District.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Orange township, Ashland County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.