This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Current owner(s)||Massimo Bottura|
|Head chef||Massimo Bottura|
|Food type||Modernist cuisine|
|Rating||Michelin Guide, the best restaurant in the World 2018|
|Street address||Via Stella 22|
After attending law school, Massimo Bottura opened Osteria Francescana in 1995.
In 2016 and 2018, it was rated as the world's best restaurant in the World's 50 Best Restaurants. It was the first Italian restaurant to earn the award. It was also second best in 2015 and third best in 2013 and 2014. The first two positions in 2014 were won by Noma and El Celler de Can Roca respectively.
Katherine LaGrave, writing in Condé Nast Traveler, praised Osteria Francescana's "lack of pretense" and said its classics remained a surprise, despite the media attention. Tanya Gold, writing in The Guardian in 2016, said "some of it is delicious" but not her "kind of food." Richard Vines, writing in Bloomberg Businessweek in 2014, said lunch was "three hours of pleasure."
In popular media
- "World's best restaurant for 2018". CNN Travel. 2018-06-19. Retrieved 2018-11-18.
- Kramer, Jane. "Post-Modena". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- Sutton, Ryan (2016-06-13). "The World's 50 Best Restaurants 2016: The Full List of Winners". Eater. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- "Osteria Francescana Is Named the World's Best Restaurant". Bloomberg.com. 2016-06-14. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- Sutton, Ryan (2018-06-19). "Osteria Francescana Named 'World's Best Restaurant'". Eater. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- Vines, Richard (November 16, 2011). "Italy Gains in Michelin Guide With New Three-Star Restaurant". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- LaGrave, Katherine. "What It's Like to Eat at the World's Best Restaurant". CNT. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- Gold, Tanya (2016-12-03). "Osteria Francescana: does the world's best restaurant live up to the hype?". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- "Osteria Francescana Is a Decadent Re-Invention of Italian Eating". Bloomberg.com. 2014-12-19. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|