Pac-Man Championship Edition 2
|Pac-Man Championship Edition 2|
|Developer(s)||Bandai Namco Studios|
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 is a downloadable arcade game in the Pac-Man series which was released for PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, and Xbox One on September 15, 2016; an updated version featuring an exclusive 2-player co-op mode, Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus, was released for Nintendo Switch on February 22, 2018. It was developed and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment, and is a direct sequel to Pac-Man Championship Edition, making it an indirect follow-up Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 builds upon the gameplay introduced in Championship Edition and Championship Edition DX, which add faster gameplay to the traditional Pac-Man formula. Taking control of Pac-Man, players go through various mazes collecting pellets while avoiding roaming ghosts. Collecting enough pellets reveals either a piece of fruit that sends Pac-Man to the next maze, or a Power Pellet that can be used to eat ghosts. Unlike previous iterations of Pac-Man, in which touching ghosts would instantly kill Pac-Man, ghosts can now be bumped into up to three times in succession before they enter an Angry state, during which touching them will cause Pac-Man to lose a life. Similar to Championship DX, passing by sleeping ghosts will add them to a trail behind the other ghosts, allowing for large point bonuses when eaten. Players can also use jump pads to jump over parts of a maze and bombs to instantly return to the start of a maze. The game features two main modes: Score Attack, in which players must try and rack up a high score within a time limit, and Adventure, which requires players to clear several objectives, including fighting giant bosses. The Nintendo Switch 'Plus' version also features a co-op mode.
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 + Arcade Game Series
A retail disc for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One containing Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 compiled with three games from the Arcade Game Series (Pac-Man, Galaga, and Dig Dug) was released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 1, 2016 in North America.
Namco Museum Arcade Pac
Namco Museum Arcade Pac is a retail video game compilation for Nintendo Switch that includes Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus along with all of the games included in Namco Museum for Nintendo Switch.
- Gematsu (December 18, 2017). "Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus announced for Switch". Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- Vazquez, Suriel (13 September 2016). "All Aboard The Ghost Train - Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 - PC". Game Informer. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- D'Aprile, Jason (16 September 2016). "Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- Devore, Jordan (12 September 2016). "Review: Pac-Man Championship Edition 2". Destructoid. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- Blondeau, Elias (13 September 2016). "Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Review". Game Revolution. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- Spyrison, Sam (12 September 2016). "Review: Pac-Man Championship Edition 2". Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- Solberg, Dan. "Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 is a remix too far". Kill Screen. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- Vincent, Brittany (13 September 2016). "Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Review: Powering Up". Shacknews. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 + Arcade Game Series". Play-Asia.com. Retrieved 20 October 2016.