|Stable release||X9 / November 19, 2015|
|Operating system||Windows XP SP3
|License||Proprietary commercial software|
PagePlus is a desktop publishing (page layout) program developed by Serif for Microsoft Windows. The first version was released in 1991 as the first commercial sub-£100 DTP package for Microsoft Windows. The latest release is PagePlus X9, which was released in November 2015.
Serif was founded in 1987 by a small team of software engineers who wanted to create the first low-cost alternative to the high-end desktop publishing packages used by professionals.
The first product to be release was called PageStar, and was a simple low cost display advertisement layout program for Windows 2.0 and was the forerunner to PagePlus. The first release of PagePlus was launched in 1990 and was the first sub £100 desktop publishing program for Windows 3.0. Three years later, in spring 1993, PagePlus 2 was released and provided full colour printing support. Since then, a new version of the product has been released more or less annually.
Serif's vector graphics editor, DrawPlus was launched as an accompanying product to PagePlus in 1994.
While PagePlus is generally targeted at the "entry level" DTP user, some of the functionality present in the market leading applications (Quark's XPress and Adobe's InDesign) is present in PagePlus, such as working in the CMYK colour space, OpenType Feature support, and Optical margin alignment (Optical Justification). PagePlus also has the ability to view, create, edit and publish PDF files, and publish E-books in *.epub or *mobi formats  suitable for the Kindle store. It also includes support for EPUB3 fixed layout eBooks for textbooks, children’s books etc. 
There is a free version of the software, called PagePlus Starter Edition 4.0. It is based on the previous version of the software (PPX7). Make sure that you get the latest version from the Serif site — some earlier version install a download manager (which installs start.mysearchdial.com toolbar hijacker etc., if you're not very careful), then get an activation code through their email in order to unlock the software. The user has access to free designs and templates to download at the site.
PagePlus is primarily written in C++ using Visual Studio 2008, with a heavy dependence on the MFC framework. The Windows GDI library was discarded early in development in favour of an in-house composition engine supporting advanced bitmap and typeface operations. The text engine supports Unicode text entry.
||This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2015)|
Serif PagePlus remains popular among its users with 95% of those surveyed saying they would recommend it to family or friends and receiving an average start rating of 4.32 out of 5 from 540 users. 
- PagePlus 1990.
- PagePlus 2 1993.
- PagePlus 3 1994.
- PagePlus 4 1996.
- PagePlus 5 1997.
- PagePlus 6 1999.
- PagePlus 7 1 October 2000.
- PagePlus 8 2001.
- PagePlus 8 PDF Edition 9 September 2002.
- PagePlus 9 September 2003.
- PagePlus 10 11 October 2004.
- PagePlus 11 3 October 2005.
- PagePlus X2 19 February 2007.
- PagePlus X3 21 April 2008.
- PagePlus X4 11 September 2009.
- PagePlus X5 18 October 2010.
- PagePlus X6 5 December 2011.
- PagePlus X7 3 June 2013.
- PagePlus X8 21 July 2014.
- PagePlus X9 16 November 2015.
- DrawPlus, vector graphics editor
- Desktop publishing
- Comparison of desktop publishing software
- List of desktop publishing software
- Desktop Publishing Software 2007 Style
- PC World – PagePlus X2 review
- PagePlus Comparative Review
- PagePlus Features Page
- "Serif PagePlus". Serif. 2015. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- "Affordable Desktop Publishing From Serif". PC Mag. 2015.
- "Review of PagePlus X5". PC PRO. 2015.
- "Comparative Review of Recent Versions". Softerviews.org. 2015.
- "#1 DTP product on TopTenReviews.com". TopTenReviews.com. 2015.
- "Serif PagePlus Press Release". 2015.
- "Serif PagePlus Reviews". 2015.
- PagePlus official user guide
- Serif PagePlus home page
- Serif PagePlus Starter Edition 4.0 website and free download
- Community Plus Official Forums
- Serif Forums Old Forums
- Affordable Desktop Publishing From Serif – PC Mag
- Review of PagePlus X5 – PC PRO
- Comparative Review of Recent Versions
- #1 DTP product on TopTenReviews.com