Entrance to Patanjali Yogpeeth
|Founder(s)||Baba Ramdev, Acharya Balkrishna|
|Focus||Yoga, Ayurveda and medical aid|
|Key people||Baba Ramdev|
|Owner||Divya Yog Mandir (Trust)|
|Website||Divya Yog Mandir (Trust)|
Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar, Uttarakhand, is one of the largest yoga institutes in India, possibly the whole world. Named after the Rishi Patanjali, the institute is Baba Ramdev's flagship project. Its purpose is to practise and research and develop yoga and ayurveda, as well as manufacture ayurvedic medicines. It is also the home of the University of Patanjali. Acharya Balkrishna is the General Secretary of Patanjali Yogpeeth.
Located on the Haridwar-Delhi highway at Kankhal, very near to Roorkee, Patanjali Yogpeeth offers treatments for all and has residential accommodation. Pantanjali Yogpeeth is about 20 km from Haridwar at Kankhal and about 15 km from Roorkee.
University of Patanjali
Patanjali Yogpeeth comprises two campuses, named Patanjali Yogpeeth - I and Patanjali Yogpeeth - II respectively.
Patanjali Yogpeeth - I
This first Yogpeeth campus was commissioned on 6 April 2006.
- Patanjali Ayurveda College. In 2010, this study and research facility was commissioned as part of the university and has 122 students as of 2013. Inside the Campus library is a special area dedicated to the research of yoga and ayurveda. Various ancient books are being restored and digitized.
Patanjali Yogpeeth - II
This second Yogpeeth campus was inaugurated in April 2009.
- YogBhavan Patanjali Yog Bhawan is a huge auditorium of 200,000 sq. ft. where thousands of participants practice yoga, pranayama and meditation together.
- Shradhalayam is a 60,000 sq. ft. air conditioned auditorium.
- Panchkarma & Shatkarma Centre is a 40,000 sq. ft. centre where up to about 1,000 people can perform and participate in panchakarma and shatkarma therapy.
Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust, a non-profit organisation started by Swami Ramdev, aims to carry out welfare activities in the spheres of health care, education and other socio-economic activities. Patanjali drives its Social responsibility initiatives through Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust.
- "जसोदा बेन की पतंजलि योगपीठ में मौजूदगी को आश्रम ने नकारा" Jagran.com, 23 April 2014
- "बेकार नहीं जाएगा मोदी का बाबा रामदेव पर भरोसा" Amarujala, 2 October 2014
- "Patanjali Yogpeeth Held 3-day Yoga Workshop in Houston" Indo American News, 5 March 2015
- "Patanjali Yog Peeth to promote Ayurveda in Himachal". Merinews.com. 2009-02-28. Retrieved 2012-08-28.
- 'Thousands take part in ‘sanyas week’ at Patanjali Yogpeeth' The Tribune, 25 March 2015
- "Patanjali Yogpeeth Haridwar". Haridwar City. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Patanjali Yogpeeth - I". Divya Yog Mandir (Trust). Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Patanjali Yogpeeth - II". Divya Yog Mandir (Trust). Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- No Business Plan. No Marketing.Meet India’s new FMCG giant, Patanjali, LinkedIn, 1 June 2015
- Telles et al. (2013): "Patanjali Yogpeeth, Haridwar: An Ayurveda center which includes treatment, research, and education", J Ayurveda Integr Med 2013 Apr-Jun; 4(2): 120–122.