Pedro Petrone wearing Fiorentina shirt
|Full name||Pedro Petrone Schiavone|
|Date of birth||11 May 1905|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Date of death||13 December 1964(aged 59)|
|Place of death||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Pedro Petrone Schiavone (11 May 1905 – 13 December 1964) was a Uruguayan footballer who played in the role of striker. His nickname was Artillero, meaning artilleryman or gunner, in reference to his amazing goalscoring prowess.
Throughout his career, Petrone played for Nacional, where he won two National Tournaments (1924, 1934), and in Italy with Fiorentina, where he played 44 games and scored 37 goals; he was the top goalscorer in Serie A during the 1931–32 season). Whilst in Italy, Petrone was timed in the hundred metres at 11 seconds and was said to be the fastest player in the League.
A two-time gold medalist in the 1924 and 1928 Summer Olympics, Petrone also won the 1930 FIFA World Cup with Uruguay. He was 19 years and 1 month old when he received the 1924 gold medal and the tournament top-goalscorer award, still remaining to this day the youngest ever football gold medalist in the history of the Olympic Games.
Petrone won 29 official caps for Uruguay, scoring 24 goals, but early non-FIFA officiated matches would bring his record to 80 caps and 36 goals. He is currently seventh (7th) in the Uruguay top-goalscorers list.
Petrone died in Montevideo in 1964, at the age of 59 years.
- Primera División Uruguaya: 1924, 1933
- Olympic Gold Medal: 1924, 1928
- Copa América: 1923, 1924; runner-up: 1927; third place: 1929
- FIFA World Cup: 1930
- Copa América Top-scorer: 1923, 1924, 1927
- Olympic Football Tournament Top-scorer: 1924
- South American Nations Championship Player of the tournament: 1924
- Serie A Top-scorer: 1931–32
- 1924 Olympic Football Tournament Top Goalscorer
- Uruguay All time World Cup Team
- Uruguay Appearance and Goalscoring chart
- 1928 Olympics, Quarter Final Hat-trick versus German national football team
| Serie A top scorer