Persona 5 Scramble
Cover art of the PlayStation 4 version
|Genre(s)||Hack and slash, role-playing|
Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers[a] is an upcoming hack and slash role-playing video game developed by Omega Force and P-Studio for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. The game is a crossover between Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors and Atlus's Persona franchises, and will be released in Japan on February 20, 2020. The game is set six months after the events of Persona 5, and follows Joker and the rest of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts as they end up in a mysterious version of Tokyo filled with supernatural enemies.
Gameplay and plot
Persona 5 Scramble is crossover between Koei Tecmo's hack and slash Dynasty Warriors series, and Atlus's role-playing game Persona series. As a result, it features gameplay elements from both, such as the real-time action combat of the former with the turn-based Persona-battling aspect of the latter. The game is set six months after the events of Persona 5, and follows Joker and the rest of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts as they end up in a mysterious version of Tokyo filled with supernatural enemies.
Development and release
Persona 5 Scramble was first teased as Persona 5 S in December 2018, with it being officially revealed in April 2019. It is being co-developed by Koei Tecmo's studio Omega Force and Atlus's P-Studio, and will be released for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in Japan on February 20, 2020. It was produced by Daisuke Kaneda and Kenichi Ogasawara, with music composed by Atsushi Kitajoh, Gota Masuoka, and Masayoshi "MASA" Sasaki.
A collector's edition for both platforms, called the "Treasure Box", will include the game, an art book, a soundtrack, a Blu-ray disc featuring the creation of the theme song making-of, a towel, a traveling bag, and a package featuring new illustrations. Players who pre-order the game will get a Persona series music downloadable content (DLC) set for free that can be played in Persona 5 Scramble. In addition, players who have save data from either Persona 5 or Persona 5 Royal on their PlayStation 4, or Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on their Switch will receive DLC featuring some Persona 5 music tracks.
- Romano, Sal. "Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers first gameplay, new details". Gematsu. Retrieved November 4, 2019.
- Wales, Matt. "Atlus' mysterious Persona 5 S is a Warriors-style action game for PS4 and Switch". Eurogamer. Archived from the original on April 26, 2019. Retrieved November 4, 2019.
- Craddock, Ryan (April 25, 2019). "Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers Officially Confirmed For Switch". Nintendo Life. Archived from the original on April 25, 2019. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- Vitale, Adam; Stenbuck, Kite. "Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers launches in Japan on February 20, 2020; New Gameplay Trailer". RPG Site. Archived from the original on October 24, 2019. Retrieved October 24, 2019.
- "Archived copy". Weekly Famitsu (1614). November 21, 2019. Archived from the original on November 8, 2019. Retrieved November 8, 2019.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Hall, Corey. "Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers Trailer Debuts, Japanese Release Date Revealed". RPGFan. Retrieved November 4, 2019.
- Official website (in Japanese)