Pleasant Township, Clark County, Ohio
|Pleasant Township, Clark County, Ohio|
Countryside east of Catawba
Location of Pleasant Township in Clark County
|• Total||42.4 sq mi (109.8 km2)|
|• Land||42.2 sq mi (109.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|Elevation||1,194 ft (364 m)|
|• Density||77/sq mi (29.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085858|
Pleasant Township is one of the ten townships of Clark County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 3,238 people living in the township, 2,966 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Goshen Township, Champaign County - north
- Somerford Township, Madison County - east
- Harmony Township - south
- Moorefield Township - west
- Union Township, Champaign County - northwest
The village of Catawba is located in northern Pleasant Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Pleasant township, Clark County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Pleasant township, Pleasant township, Clark County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.