This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pointe-aux-Trembles was a municipality, founded in 1674, that was annexed by Montreal, Quebec, Canada, in 1982. This was the last city to be merged into Montreal until the 2002 municipal reorganization. On January 1, 2002 this neighbourhood at the far east end of the Island of Montreal became part of the borough of Rivière-des-Prairies–Pointe-aux-Trembles–Montréal-Est. On January 1, 2006 Montreal East demerged, and the borough became Rivière-des-Prairies–Pointe-aux-Trembles.
One can find a windmill, at the corner of Notre-Dame Street and Third Avenue, which was built in 1719. Its three storeys make it the tallest windmill in Québec that still stands. In 1650 the Grou family of Rouen France established a land holding here.
The Commission scolaire de la Pointe-de-l'Île (CSPI) operates Francophone schools in this area. The district's headquarters is in Pointe-aux-Trembles. The École secondaire Pointe-aux-Trembles and the École secondaire Daniel-Johnson are both within the community.
- François-La Bernarde
- Le Tournesol
- Notre Dame
The English Montreal School Board (EMSB) operates Anglophone schools serving the area.
- Jean Basset
- Boroughs of Montreal
- Districts of Montreal
- Municipal reorganization in Quebec
- History of Montreal
- Pointe-aux-Trembles (electoral district)
- Pointe-aux-Trembles railway station
- "LÂCHE PAS! Tu vas réussir toute une expérience. Archived 2015-09-23 at the Wayback Machine." Commission scolaire de la Pointe-de-l'Île. Retrieved on December 8, 2014. PDF p. 23/24. "Centre administratif de la Commission scolaire de la Pointe-de-l’Île 550, 53e Avenue, Montréal (P.A.T),"
- "Secondaire Archived 2015-03-31 at Archive.is." Commission scolaire de la Pointe-de-l'Île. Retrieved on December 8, 2014.
- "Primaire Archived 2015-03-31 at Archive.is." Commission scolaire de la Pointe-de-l'Île. Retrieved on December 8, 2014.
- "Les bibliothèques par arrondissement." Montreal Public Libraries Network. Retrieved on December 7, 2014.