This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin||Germany|
|Running time||96 min.|
|Original network||RTL II|
|Original release||August 17th, 2015 –|
October, 10th 2015
|Preceded by||Popstars: Der Weg Ist Das Ziel|
Popstars 2015 was the eleventh and final season of Popstars, in which aspiring female singers aged 16 or older competed for a place in a new band. The show returned to its original broadcaster RTL II, which aired seasons 1 and 2 of the show. With the previous bands lacking success, the production intended to return to the show's roots and focus more on the singing and the search for different types of singers. The show aired on Mondays at 8:15 pm. Due to very low ratings, the show was moved to 9:15 pm. However, ratings continued to drop and the show was kicked off the prime time and moved to a slot airing Saturdays at 6:00 pm.
- 1 Changes
- 2 Contestants
- 3 Judge's Call-out order
- 4 Episodes
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 External links
In this season, the casting phase was skipped; instead, the producers looked for talented girls all over Germany using social media and YouTube. In the end, 27 girls were invited to audition in front of the jury. After each contestant gave a solo singing performance and participated in group choreography, the jury chose 18 girls to enter the POPSTARS Academy.
Instead of the Workshop phase introduced in earlier seasons, the girls entered the POPSTARS Academy. During their 8-week stay at the Academy, the contestants worked on their singing and dancing skills, songs for their future band, performed as groups in front of the judges, faced eliminations, and got ready for their future life as a band.
(Ages stated are at time of contest)
Judge's Call-out order
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant quit the competition
- The contestant advanced without performing cause of sickness
- The contestant won the competition
- In episode 2, Gina Christin quit the competition, and took no part in judging or call-out.
- In episode 3, Alena was sick, and took no part in judging or call-out.
- In episode 4, Ina was sick, and took no part in judging or call-out. The episode ended in a cliffhanger with Ina not learning her verdict until the beginning of the next episode.
- In episode 7, Nadja quit the competition, and took no part in judging or call-out. Despite of that, no one was eliminated.
Episode 01: Auditions
Aired on August 17th, 2015
After an intensive selection process 27 young women compete to kick off the new "Popstars" season and compete for the coveted places in the academy. Some candidates get right away an opportunity to sing for the jury, while others still have time until the next day to prepare. Friendships start to blossom - but the nervousness increases. The next day after the audition Bella Garcia checked the dance talent of the young women. During an intense choreography training some of them stand out, others have little experience in the dance hall and find it difficult. The candidates rehearse the choreography and eventually perform the choreography in groups in front of the jury. Following Stefanie, Miss Platnum and Bella retire for deliberation to decide which 18 girls will enter the Academy and which 9 will be eliminated.
Advanced to next week: Alena, Christin, Gabriela, Gina Christin, Ina, Larissa, Laura, Nadja, Nini, Patricia, Pauline, Sabrina, Selina, Sophie, Terry -Jo, Timea, Ulana and Veneranda.
Eliminated: Maria, Virginia, Svenja, Susi, Susanne, Ramona, Mariam, Ludivine and Lorena
Episode 02: Interpretation
Aired on August 24th, 2015
The Academy life begins: Following a timetable train the remaining girls in their group songs, share the verses on each other and practice the choreography for her appearance in the first decision show. Candidates learn their new coaches know: vocal coach are Jini Meyer, singer of the band Luxuslärm, and a native of New York Pamela Falcon. Bella Garcia gets support from dance coach Pepita Maria Bauhardt from Berlin.
In a rehearsal room set, the participants meet Miss Platnum and Stefanie Heinzmann. The two jurors jam with the girls, interpret them together with different songs and learn as the voices of the girls know. The two professional singers give valuable advice to each of the young musicians. In a jury hour the girls share in small rounds with Stefanie Heinzmann and speak for the first time about their concerns and desires. Miss Platnum in turn supports the girls in the Vocal Sessions and works closely with the various groups.
At the end of the second episode, the first decision show is on. Just before the show one of the candidates leaves voluntarily. Will she support her band members on the stage or have the remaining girls to divide the song again and shortly develop a different performance? Who needs to leave the Academy at this early stage again.
Songs Performed This Week
- Cro - Traum, performed by Nadja, Larissa and Pauline
- OutKast - Hey Ya!, performed Veneranda, Ulana and Sophie
- Calvin Harris ft Ellie Goulding - Outside, performed by Gabriella, Laura and Nini
- Rihanna - Stay, performed by Ina, Sabrina and Patricia
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us, performed by Timea, Terry-Joe and Christin
- Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child, performed by Selina and Alena
Advanced to next week: Gabriella, Laura, Sabrina, Ina, Patricia, Selina, Alena, Timea, Terry-Jo, Larissa, Pauline, Nadja, Veneranda, Ulana and Sophie.
Left voluntary: Gina-Christin
Eliminated: Nini and Christin
Episode 03: Sarah Connor Playlist
Aired on August 31th, 2015
Guest Star/Coach: Sarah Connor
A big surprise for the candidates: none other than pop star Sarah Connor welcomed the girls via Skype and announced to them the weekly task: They will perform some pieces from her new album "Muttersprache". Then the girls work out the songs and learn the choreography with the support of a juror Bella Garcia and Coach Pepita Maria Bauhardt. The absolute highlight for the candidates is a personal vocal coaching session with Sarah Connor. Sarah Connor is extremely pleased by a group and said: "You are for me the band"
In addition, the girls now attend a daily endurance training with Bella Garcia and have the opportunity to interact in a jury-appointment with Miss Platnum. Overall it is a very emotive week. Even in dance training with Pepita flow a lot of tears and for another emotional moment also ensures juror Stefanie Heinzmann: She hands the girl letters of their relatives and friends. After that there's no holding back ...
At the end of the third episode the girls enter another decision Show. performs with her band at the beginning of the title "Kommst Du Mit Mir" from her hit album "Muttersprache". Thereafter, the candidates will present their songs in front of the jury. Stefanie Heinzmann is in this case, represented by Jini Meyer, singer of the band Luxuslärm. May this time all candidates remain at the Academy? Or will a couple of them leave the academy? 
Songs performed this week
- Kommst du mit Ihr - performed by Sarah Connor, guest star performance
- Wie schön du bist - performed by Nadja, Selina, Sabrina and Gabriella
- Anorak - performed by Timea, Patricia, Veneranda and Larissa
- Heaven - performed by Ulana, Ina and Sophie
- Something's Got a Hold on Me - Christina Aguilera version - performed by Laura, Terry-Joe and Pauline
- Money on My Mind - performed by Nadja, Selina, Sabrina and Gabriella
- Keine ist wie du - performed by Ulana, Ina and Sophie
- Skin on Skin - performed by Timea, Patricia, Veneranda and Larissa
- Bedingungslos - performed by Laura, Terry-Joe and Pauline
Advanced to next week: Patricia, Timea, Veneranda, Pauline, Laura, Terry-Joe, Sabrina, Selina, Nadja, Gabriella, Ina and Sophie
Advanced to next week without performing cause of sickness: Alena
Eliminated: Ulana and Larissa
Episode 04: Girlband vs Boyband
Aired on September 7th, 2015
The motto of the fourth episode: Girlband vs. Boyband. In addition, for the first time the decision show takes place in front of live audience and the girls learn about healthy eating and improve their English skills.
Again during week 4 pretty much is demanded from the Contestants: They need to learn sophisticated choreography for Girl- and boyband songs and in addition to the normal endurance training with Bella and Pepita an extra training is with the Flying Steps is scheduled. In addition, the girls visit TV chef Ole Plogstedt. There they learn about healthy eating and, above all need what foods artist on strenuous tours to stay fit. Together with Ole Plogstedt prepare the girls to four different healthy dishes.
The girls also work on their English skills. Together with an English teacher Nick Karry they go through their lyrics, work on their pronunciation and learn to master English tongue twisters.
Several of the candidates begin to sicken and a girl even falls completely out of the decision show. What to do?
At the end of this episode, the contestants perform the first time in front of the live audiences. Many family members and friends have come to support their loved ones. Before and after the show tearful reunions happen. As opening act of the decision show the Flying Steps come with their piece "Flying Bach" and show all their dancing skills. Divided into four groups performing the girls their Girl- and boyband songs. Who can convince the strict jury and who needs to turn their backs on the Academy? 
Songs Performed This Week
- Buttons, performed by Veneranda, Laura, Terry-Joe and Sabrina
- Overload, performed by Patricia, Alena and Nadja
- Pray to God, performed by Gabriella, Pauline and Nadja[a]
- I Want You Back, performed by Timea, Sophie and Selina
- One Sweet Day, performed by Sabrina, Terry-Joe, Laura and Veneranda
- Everybody (Backstreet's Back), performed by Gabriella, Pauline and Sabrina[a]
- No Scrubs, performed by Timea, Selina and Sophie
- King, performed by Patricia, Alena and Nadja
Advanced to next week: Patricia, Timea, Veneranda, Alena, Sabrina, Selina, Nadja, Sophie, Terry-Joe and Gabriella,
Decision not announced, the Contestant didn't perform cause of sickness: Ina
Eliminated: Laura and Pauline
Episode 05: Deutsche Songs
Aired on September 14th, 2015
Guest Star/Coaches: Glasperlenspiel
In the fifth episode of "Popstars" everything revolves around the theme of "German songs" and as a reward three girls may accompany Stefanie Heinzmann to a gig in Switzerland. As guest stars this "Glasperlenspiel" come to the Popstars-Academy.
In week 5 of "Popstars" German songs are in the center of attention. In a workshop led by judge Miss Platnum, the candidates themselves write German songs. And that's harder than you might think at first. The girls show the results in front of this time's guest stars, the duo "Glasperlenspiel". In the decision show that again takes place in front of a live audience, Glasperlenspiel are also performing their current title " Geiles Leben". But the sport is not neglected: In addition to a freestyle dance coaching with Pepita there is a yoga session yoga teacher Janina.
But a special highlight is the joint appearance with juror Stefanie Heinzmann at the Gurten Festival in Switzerland. Therefor, three Popstars contestants accompany her, who most excelled and developed during their training at the Academy.
Meanwhile, back at the academy the situation escalates: All home residents have a problem with a certain candidate. Because the girls can not solve the conflict itself, two of them are looking for help with a juror Bella Garcia. Can she help them?
The result is again a decision show in front of a live audience, in which the candidates perform into three groups split two German titles and give their best. Who is allowed to continue his education and who needs to pack their bags? 
Songs performed this week:
- Geiles Leben, performed by Glasperlenspiel
- Machin, performed by Nadja, Sabrina and Gabriela
- Hungrieges Herz, performed by Nadja, Sabrina and Gabriela
- Wenn du lebst, performed by Ina, Sophie, Patricia and Veneranda
- Mädchen, performed by Ina, Sophie, Patricia and Veneranda
- Auf anderen Wegen, performed by Timea, Selina, Alena and Terry-Joe
- Au Revoir, performed by Timea, Selina, Alena and Terry-Joe
Contestant advanced to this week after decision wasn't announced last week: Ina
Advanced to next week: Gabriella, Nadja, Sabrina, Selina, Terry-Joe, Alena, Timea, Patricia, Veneranda and Sophie
Episode 06: Big Female Voices
Aired on September 21st, 2015
The sixth episode of "Popstars" is going under the motto "Big Female Voices". In addition The Canadian singer-songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen comes to the Academy and sings her smash hit "I Really Like You" together with the candidates.
In week 6 of "Popstars" the candidates deal with "Big Female Voices" like Adele and Rihanna. In addition to the usual dance and vocal coaching, this week features a high-heel training with dancers Christoph Jonas. Even first tears start showing ...
A candidate receives an intensive individual coaching with dance trainer Pepita Bauhardt and Luxuslärm frontwoman Jini Meyer. Both are not satisfied with the development and see the girl definitely a loose candidate.
In a video analysis with Stefanie Heinzmann and Pepita Bauhardt the girls for the first time see themselves perform. Especially one of the three band constellations is shocked by their own performance. Will they get their songs and choreography ready for the big decision to show the series?
But this week highlight is the visit of the Canadian singer-songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen. Together with the candidates she performs her world hit "I Really Like You" and presents her latest single "Run Away With Me" in an exclusive a capella version.
In the deciding Show it goes back to all or nothing: The girls enter in groups with two titles of "Big Female Voices" for the best. Who is allowed to continue his education at the Academy and who has to go home? 
Songs Performed This Week:
- Run Away with Me special acoustic version, performed by Carly Rae Jepsen
- I Really Like You, performed by Carly Rae Jepsen and the Popstars Contestants
- I Knew You Were Trouble, performed by Selina, Nadja and Gabriela
- Diamonds, performed by Selina, Nadja and Gabriela
- You've Got the Love, performed by Alena, Patricia and Sabrina
- Read All About It (Part III), performed by Alena, Patricia and Sabrina
- Bang Bang, performed by Timea, Veneranda, Terry-Joe and Sophie
- One & Only, performed by Timea, Veneranda, Terry-Joe and Sophie
Advanced to next week: Alena, Patricia, Sabrina, Nadja, Selina, Veneranda and Timea
Eliminated: Gabriela, Terry-Joe and Sophie
Episode 07: Styles
Aired on 26 September 2015
The seventh episode of "Popstars" is themed "Styles" and the girls compete for a place in the finals.
In week 7 of "Popstars" the candidates are tasked by the jury to select songs for their performances. Divided into groups, they can choose 2 favorites among five German and five English songs. The song breakdown, the choreography and outfits are determined by the girls themselves. Moreover, they have the opportunity to rehearse with a live band and perform. During rehearsals, the girls have first difficulties to arrange the volumes with the instruments.
In addition, shortly before the finals emotions are cooking high: Especially one of the candidates polarized and ensures disputes among the girls. Another candidate wants to leave the Academy voluntarily - will she leave the Academy so shortly before the finish? Additional a surprise visit, provides tears of joy for one of the girls.
Before the big show the girls can get a makeover by a professional stylist. Lastly, the Decision show is on and it's back to all or nothing: Who can still hope for a place in the band, and for whom has the dream of Popstars faded away? 
Songs performed this week:
- Masterpiece, performed by Sabrina, Timea and Patricia
- Sweet Dreams, performed by Veneranda, Selina and Alena
- Halt dich an mir fest, performed by Sabrina, Timea and Patricia
- Ja, performed by Veneranda, Selina and Alena
Advanced to next Week: Sabrina, Selina, Alena, Veneranda, Timea and Patricia
Left voluntary: Nadja
Episode 08: Final
Airs on October 10th, 2015
Strenuous vocal coaching, sweaty dance training, great emotion and compelling performances - that was the exciting way the POPSTARS candidates have gone over many weeks to make their dream of a pop-star life come true. The POPSTARS Academy is now the scene of the grand finale: Which girls will be able to say: "We are the new Popstars band!"?
In the show the Popstars Candidates must first present in different band constellations front of the audience and the critical eye of the jury. Soul-pop singer Stefanie Heinzmann, Urban Music Star Miss Platnum and choreographer and dancer Bella Garcia must now make her well heaviest judgment and make the final selection among the musically talented girl.
In addition, two great mysteries will be revealed in the finale: The crowd will hear for the first time the brand new single of POPSTARS band and learn the name of the formation.
Another highlight: Stefanie Heinzmann and Miss Platnum will perform their latest songs.
Shake It Off, performed by Sabrina, Selina, Alena, Patricia, Veneranda and Timea
Lieblingmensch, performed by Sabrina, Patricia and Veneranda
Earned It, performed by Selina, Alena and Timea
New Band Members: SABRINA and ALENA
Schöner Ohne Dich, performed by Timea, Veneranda, Selina and Patricia
New Band Member: SELINA
Band Name Announced: LEANDAH
Tage wie Juwelen, performed by Leandah ft Veneranda
Tage wie Juwelen, performed by Leandah ft Patricia
New Band Member: PATRICIA
- Sabrina and Nadja replaced a sick Ina in the group with Gabriella and Pauline, performing 3 times in episode 4.
- Weis, Manuel (1 September 2015). "«Popstars» bald später" [«Popstars» soon after]. Quotenmeter (in German). Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- Weis, Manuel (22 September 2015). "RTL II wirft «Popstars» aus der Primetime" [RTL II kicks «Popstars» off prime time]. Quotenmeter (in German). Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "POPSTARS - Folge 210 - Sarah Connors Playlist". Rtl2.de (in German). Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- "POPSTARS - Folge 211 - Girlband vs. Boyband". Rtl2.de (in German). Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- "POPSTARS - Folge 212 - Deutsche Songs". Rtl2.de (in German). Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- "POPSTARS - Folge 213 - Big Female Voices". Rtl2.de (in German). Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- "POPSTARS - Folge 214 - Styles". Rtl2.de (in German). Retrieved 8 September 2015.