Port Clinton High School
|Port Clinton High School|
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Charting A Course For Success|
|School district||Port Clinton City School District|
|Vice principal||Todd Buck|
|Enrollment||600 (as of 2016–17)|
|Color(s)||Red and White|
|Athletics conference||Sandusky Bay Conference|
|Affiliation||Sandusky Bay Conference|
Port Clinton High School is a public high school in Port Clinton, Ohio. It is the only high school in the Port Clinton City School District. Their nickname is the Redskins. They are currently members of the Sandusky Bay Conference.
As of the 2014–15 school year, the school had an enrollment of 550 students. There were 210 students (38.2% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 47 (8.5% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Port Clinton's athletics represent the Sandusky Bay Conference for all sports.
"The Pride of the Redskins" is the nickname to the marching band. Each performance contains a choreographed dance during the final song. Common artists include Lady Gaga, Guns'n'Roses, Bon Jovi, and many others. They have had the honor of hosting the Ohio State University Marching Band and performing at Ohio State's Skull Session on November 3, 2011. Every four years, they also perform at Disney World in Florida around Christmas, and Chicago. In 2015, the band marched the Florida Citrus Parade, as well as a parade in Disney’s Epcot. In 2018, the band played in Chicago’s Saint Patrick’s Day Parade, where they were first in the lineup. The band will be returning to Florida in December 2019.
- Doug Cooper (born 1970), writer of literary fiction.
- Sue Myrick (born 1941), former U.S. Representative for North Carolina's 9th congressional district, serving from 1995 to 2013.
- School data for Port Clinton High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Jackson, Tom. "Author's novel immerses reader in Las Vegas", Sandusky Register, October 21, 2016. Accessed September 12, 2017. "Cooper, 46, born in Sandusky and raised in Port Clinton, graduated from Port Clinton High School in 1988. He was quarterback and captain of the football team and captain of the basketball team."
- Sue Myrick, Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Accessed September 12, 2017. "graduated from Port Clinton High School, Port Clinton, Ohio"
|This Ottawa County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|