Port Hedland International Airport
|Port Hedland International Airport|
Entrance to the terminal, 2012.
|Owner||Town of Port Hedland|
AMP Capital (50%)|
Infrastructure Capital Group (50%)
|Serves||Port Hedland and South Hedland|
|Location||Port Hedland, Western Australia|
|Elevation AMSL||33 ft / 10 m|
Port Hedland International Airport (IATA: PHE, ICAO: YPPD) is an airport serving Port Hedland, Western Australia. The airport is 5 nautical miles (9.3 km; 5.8 mi) south-east of Port Hedland and 11 km (6.8 mi) from South Hedland and is owned by the Town of Port Hedland Council. It is an important airport for passengers who work in the mining industry.
The airport has undergone a number of upgrades. Stage one of works include the extension of an existing taxiway and installation of new lighting, the construction of a new taxiway, widening of taxiway intersections and the extension of the domestic and international arrivals and departures area. This was to be completed by the end of July 2011. A further upgrade occurred in 2013.
In July 2015, the Town of Port Hedland agreed to lease the airport to AMP Capital and Infrastructure Capital Group for 50 years. The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2015.
Airlines and destinations
|QantasLink operated by Cobham Aviation||Perth|
|QantasLink operated by Network Aviation||Perth|
|Virgin Australia||Denpasar, Perth|
|Virgin Australia Regional Airlines||Perth|
|Year||Revenue passengers||Aircraft movements|
|Rank||Airport||Passengers carried||% change|
|1||Western Australia, Perth Airport||339,246||n/a*|
*Port Hedland-Perth route data only included from August 2009
- PDF). AIP En Route Supplement from Airservices Australia, effective 01 March 2018, Aeronautical Chart[permanent dead link] (
- PHIA Upgrades will Reduce Carbon Emissions and Flight Delays Archived 27 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine. - Town of Port Hedland media release. Retrieved 4 August 2011
- Nine million dollar upgrade for Port Hedland International Airport Port Hedland International Airport 17 September 2013
- Port Hedland passengers board inaugural 737 flight service to Bali Town of Port Hedland 2 April 2015
- New airport custodians to deliver new era for Port Hedland Port Hedland International Airport 25 August 2015
- AMP Capital and Infrastructure Capital Group to acquire Port Hedland International Airport AMP Capital 26 August 2015
- DIT Acquires 50% of Port Hedland International Airport Infrastructure Capital 15 September 2015
- Fiscal year 1 July - 30 June
- "Airport Traffic Data 1985-86 to 2010-11". Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics (BITRE). May 2012. Archived from the original on 24 March 2012. Retrieved 27 June 2012. Refers to "Regular Public Transport (RPT) operations only"
- "Australian Domestic Airline Activity 2010-11". Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics (BITRE). May 2012. Retrieved 27 June 2012. Refers to "Regular Public Transport (RPT) operations only"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Port Hedland International Airport.|
- Port Hedland Airport – official website