Postage stamps and postal history of South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
The first stamps specifically for South Georgia were issued in 1944 and consisted of overprints on stamps of the Falkland Islands for use in South Georgia when it was part of the Falkland Islands Dependencies.
1946 to 1963
From 1946 to 1963, South Georgia used stamps of the Falkland Islands Dependencies.
From 17 July 1963 South Georgia had its own stamps again, simply marked South Georgia.
From 1986 (Scott#101) the stamps of the territory are inscribed South Georgia & South Sandwich Is.
- Postage stamps and postal history of the Falkland Islands
- Postage stamps and postal history of the Falkland Islands Dependencies
- Heijtz, Stefan. Specialised Stamp Catalogue of The Falkland Islands & Dependencies: Including postal history and cancellations 1800-1996. Stockholm: Stefan Heijtz, 1995, pp. 90-95. ISBN 91-630-3676-2
- Stanley Gibbons Stamp Catalogue: Commonwealth and British Empire Stamps 1840-1970. 110th edition. London: Stanley Gibbons, 2008, p. 214. ISBN 0-85259-653-7
- Grant, B.S.H. The Postage Stamps of the Falkland Islands and Dependencies. London: Stanley Gibbons, 1952.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stamps of South Georgia.|
- The Falkland Islands Philatelic Study Group.
- Stamps - South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands official website.
|This philatelic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|