Potawatomi State Park
|Potawatomi State Park|
|Wisconsin State Park|
|Area||1,225 acres (496 ha)|
|Management||Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||V - Protected Landscape/Seascape|
|Website: Potawatomi State Park|
Potawatomi State Park is a 1,225-acre (496 ha) Wisconsin state park northwest of the city of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. It is located on Sturgeon Bay, a bay of the Bay of Green Bay in Door County. Potawatomi State Park was established in 1928.
Activities and amenities
- Trails: The park has several hiking trails and is the eastern terminus of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail. Park trails are used for hiking, bicycling, cross-country, and snowmobiling.
- Green Bay: The park has two miles of water frontage on Green Bay which provides opportunities for boating, canoeing, and fishing.
Looking northwest from beach at Sturgeon Bay
Looking southeast from beach at the city of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
- "Potawatomi State Park". Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. July 19, 2013. Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- "Potawatomi State Park: Activities and recreation". Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. September 3, 2013. Retrieved September 3, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Potawatomi State Park.|
- Potawatomi State Park Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources