|Intravenous infusion, oral|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||438.455 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)|
Radezolid (INN, codenamed RX-1741) is a novel oxazolidinone antibiotic being developed by Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. for the treatment of serious multi-drug–resistant infections. Radezolid has completed two phase-II clinical trials. One of these clinical trials was for uncomplicated skin and skin-structure infections (uSSSI) and the other clinical trial was for community acquired pneumonia (CAP).
- Zhou J, Bhattacharjee A, Chen S, et al. (December 2008). "Design at the atomic level: design of biaryloxazolidinones as potent orally active antibiotics". Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 18 (23): 6175–8. doi:10.1016/j.bmcl.2008.10.011. PMID 18947996.
- Skripkin E, McConnell TS, DeVito J, et al. (October 2008). "Rχ-01, a new family of oxazolidinones that overcome ribosome-based linezolid resistance". Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 52 (10): 3550–7. doi:10.1128/AAC.01193-07. PMC . PMID 18663023.
- Lawrence L, Danese P, DeVito J, Franceschi F, Sutcliffe J (May 2008). "In vitro activities of the Rχ-01 oxazolidinones against hospital and community pathogens". Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 52 (5): 1653–62. doi:10.1128/AAC.01383-07. PMC . PMID 18316525.
- Hanselmann R, Job G, Johnson G, Lou R, Martynow JG, Reeve MM (2009). "Synthesis of an antibacterial compound containing a 1,4-substituted 1H-1,2,3-triazole- a scaleable alternative to the "click" reaction"". Organic Process Research and Development. 14: 152–158. doi:10.1021/op900252a.
- Franceschi F, Duffy EM (March 2006). "Structure-based drug design meets the ribosome". Biochem. Pharmacol. 71 (7): 1016–25. doi:10.1016/j.bcp.2005.12.026. PMID 16443192.
- Ohlsen K (November 2009). "Novel antibiotics for the treatment of Staphylococcus aureus". Expert Rev. Clin. Pharmacol. 2 (6): 661–72. doi:10.1586/ecp.09.26.
- Radezolid at Rib-X Pharmaceuticals
|This systemic antibacterial-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|