|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Dhanwar is located at  It has an average elevation of 336 metres (1102 feet). It has a dam called "Naulakha Dam" where many people come here for celebrating the picnic. Khorimahua(Rajdhanwar) sub-division has five block. These blocks are Rajdhanwar, Jamua, Gawan,Tisri and Deori..
As per 2001 India census, Dhanwar had a population of 7,935. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Dhanwar has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; male literacy is 73% and, female literacy is 55%. In Dhanwar, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The name "Dhanwar" (khorimahua) is the name of a subdivisional in Giridih and Rajdhanwar is now its current name. Rajdhanwar is a place for business at basic level. it has become a huge market place where the daily transaction are into millions, major contribution being from sale of food products, cloth, jewellery, and metals. This town is very famous for "Chath" puja in jharkhand state. Every year, around 4 lakh people visit Dhanwar chath ghat called "Rajghat" during chath. Decoration of Rajghat occurs at huge level,which fascinates the visitors.
Jharkhand Dham - It is situated approximately 55 km from Giridih and 10 km from Rajdhanwar. "Jharkhand Dham" which is considered to be the second most worshipped temple of "Shiva", after Baidhnath Dham in Deoghar.
- State Bank of India
- Bank of India
- ICICI Bank (GHANDHI CHOWK RAJDHANWAR)
- Opening Shortly : Allahabad Bank, Canara Bank, Bank of Baroda, Punjab National Bank and Jharkhand Gramin Bank
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Dhanwar
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|