Ramsey Township, Fayette County, Illinois
Location in Fayette County
Fayette County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 9, 1859|
|• Total||54.49 sq mi (141.1 km2)|
|• Land||54.37 sq mi (140.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.13 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.24%|
|Elevation||594 ft (181 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||34/sq mi (13/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 54.49 square miles (141.1 km2), of which 54.37 square miles (140.8 km2) (or 99.78%) is land and 0.13 square miles (0.34 km2) (or 0.24%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these ten cemeteries: Bolt, Bolyard, Cothern Family, Hayes, Mathias, Monclovia, Mount Pleasant, Prater, Saint Josephs and Shedd.
- Ramsey Lake
- Ramsey Lake State Recreation Area (east three-quarters)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Cowden-Herrick Community Unit School District 3a
- Ramsey Community Unit School District 204
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 98
- State House District 102
- State Senate District 49
- State Senate District 51
- "Ramsey Township, Fayette County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.