This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Recuva 1.28 on Windows Vista
|Initial release||7 August 2007|
|Stable release||1.53.1087 (8 June 2016 )|
|Operating system||Windows XP and later|
|Size||4.2 MB MB|
Recuva (UK: //) is an undeletion program for Windows, developed by Piriform. It is able to undelete files that have been marked as deleted; the operating system marks the areas of the disk in which they were stored as free space. Recuva can recover files deleted from internal and external hard disk drives, USB flash drives, memory cards, portable media players or all random-access storage mediums with a supported file system.
Recuva was described by vnunet.com as an "effective tool for undeleting or salvaging files we sent for recycling and deleted, in the past". The program works on FAT, exFAT and NTFS file systems of Windows. It is able to recover lost directory structure and automatically renames files when trying to recover two files of the same name. As of version 1.5.3 it can also recover files from Ext2, Ext3 and Ext4 file systems of Linux.
As with other file recovery programs Recuva works by looking for unreferenced data, but if the operating system has written new data over a deleted file then recovery will often not be possible.
- "Download Recuva". FileHippo. Retrieved 2010-03-03.
- Version History of Recuva
- "Recuva - Download". piriform.com. Piriform. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- "Recuva - File Recovery". Recuva archived website from 2009. Archived from the original on September 4, 2009. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Five free portable recovery tools". TechRepublic. September 4, 2012. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Recuva - free file recovery software". Software-Today.com. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Repair Tool of the Week: Recuva Portable". technibble.com. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Recuva 1.22". vnunet.com. Archived from the original on 2007-12-20. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Recuva 1.04.104". PCWorld. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Recovering A Deleted File". Employees Only. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Recovering a deleted file (archived at The Wayback Machine)". Employees Only. Archived from the original on 2008-06-03.