This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Recuva 1.28 on Windows Vista
|Initial release||7 August 2007|
|Stable release||1.53.1087 (8 June 2016 ) [±]|
|Operating system||Windows 2000 and later|
Recuva (UK //) is a data recovery program for Windows, developed by Piriform. It is able to recover files that have been "permanently" deleted and marked by the operating system as free space. The program can also be used to recover files deleted from USB flash drives, memory cards, or MP3 players.
Recuva was described by vnunet.com as an "effective tool for undeleting or salvaging files we sent for recycling and deleted, in the past". The program works on both FAT and NTFS file systems. It is able to recover lost directory structure and automatically renames files when trying to recover two files of the same name. As of version 1.5.1 it can also recover files from Ext2 and Ext3 file systems.
As with other file recovery programs Recuva works by looking for unreferenced data, but if the operating system has written new data over a deleted file then recovery will often not be possible.
- "Download Recuva". FileHippo. Retrieved 2010-03-03.
- Version History of Recuva
- "Recuva - Download". piriform.com. Piriform. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- "Recuva - File Recovery". Recuva archived website from 2009. Archived from the original on September 4, 2009. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Five free portable recovery tools". TechRepublic. September 4, 2012. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Recuva - free file recovery software". Software-Today.com. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Repair Tool of the Week: Recuva Portable". technibble.com. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Recuva 1.22". vnunet.com. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Recuva 1.04.104". PCWorld. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Recovering A Deleted File". Employees Only. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Recovering a deleted file (archived at The Wayback Machine)". Employees Only. Archived from the original on 2008-06-03.
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This computer-storage-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|