Renhold is a village and civil parish located on the River Ouse, in the hundred of Barford, in the county of Bedfordshire, England. The parish church is situated some 4 miles (6.5 km) east-north-east of Bedford town centre. Bedfordshire County Council estimated the population of Renhold to be 1,800 in 2005, and forecast an increase to 2,320 by 2010.
The parish is made up of several hamlets ("Ends" in local parlance) including Salph End, Church End, Lane End, Top End, Workhouse End, and Water End. In the 2000s, two new housing estates were constructed on the southern boundary of Renhold parish. The Spires and Cranbourne Gardens estates have been established off Norse Road in Bedford, with vehicular access from the Goldington area of the town. The new estates remain part Renhold village for electoral purposes.
The parish is home to Renhold Chapel, All Saints Church at Church End, and the ruins of Renhold Castle. There is a country house called Howbury Hall in the southern part of the parish. It was rebuilt in 1849, and remains a private home.
- George Joyce (born c. 1492)- Publisher of the first English Primer (1529) and the first English translation of Psalms (1530)
Renhold village is primarily served by Renhold V.C. Primary School and Mark Rutherford School to the south of the village. The Spires and Cranbourne Gardens estates fall into the catchment for both Putnoe Primary School and Renhold V.C. Primary School.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "School catchment areas: academic year 2019-2020 · Bedford Borough Council". www.bedford.gov.uk. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Renhold.|
- Renhold Village Website
- Renhold: historical and genealogical information at GENUKI.
- Renhold Timeline
- Description of Renhold from 1866
- Renhold Chapel
- All Saints Church
- Renhold V.C. Primary School
- The Polhill Arms Renhold
|This Bedfordshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|