The River Can is a river in Essex, England. Chelmsford is centred on the confluence of the Can and the River Chelmer. The Can enters Chelmsford from the west, joining the Chelmer to the east of the city. From the confluence, the Can becomes part of the Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation. The River Wid also meets the Can in the same area.
- Right bank: Newland Brook, Roxwell Brook (5,4 km long), River Wid;
- Left bank: Parsonage Brook, Chignal Brook (23 km in length).
- "Enjoy Chelmsford! The guide to visiting Chelmsford". Retrieved 6 December 2008.
- "BBC Essex 360 Images - Chelmsford". Retrieved 6 December 2008.
- "Essex Rivers Hub - River Can". Retrieved 30 November 2022.