The Birds, the Bees and the Italians
|Signore & Signori
(The Birds, the Bees and the Italians)
Original film poster
|Directed by||Pietro Germi|
|Music by||Carlo Rustichelli|
|Distributed by||Claridge Pictures|
The anthology film is a sex comedy that presents three storylines, all set in the Italian town of Treviso. In the first story, a husband pretends to be impotent as a cover for having an affair. In the second, a bank clerk abandons his wife for his mistress, but the rest of the town's husbands become jealous and unite to conspire against them. In the third, men of the town all try to seduce a promiscuous teenager, but her father eventually reveals that she is underage.
The film shared the Grand Prix with A Man and a Woman at the 1966 Cannes Film Festival. It was later selected for screening as part of the Cannes Classics section at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival.
- Virna Lisi - Milena Zulian
- Gastone Moschin - Osvaldo Bisigato
- Nora Ricci - Gilda Bisigato
- Alberto Lionello - Toni Gasparini
- Olga Villi - Ippolita Gasparini
- Franco Fabrizi - Lino Benedetti
- Beba Loncar - Noemi Castellan
- Gigi Ballista - Giacinto Castellan
- Carlo Bagno - Bepi Cristofoletto
- Patrizia Valturri - Alda Cristofoletto
- Virgilio Gazzolo - Newspaper editor
- Quinto Parmeggiani - Giovanni Soligo
- Gia Sandri - Betty Soligo
- Moira Orfei - Giorgia Casellato
- Virgilio Scapin - Don Schiavon
- "Festival de Cannes: The Birds, the Bees and the Italians". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-03-08.
- "Cannes Classics 2016". Cannes Film Festival. 20 April 2016. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a sex comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|