Silver Lake State Park (Michigan)
|Silver Lake State Park|
Silver Lake Dunes
|Location||Golden Township, Oceana County, Michigan, USA|
|Nearest city||Mears, Michigan|
|Area||2,000 acres (80.937 hectares)|
|Governing body||Michigan Department of Natural Resources|
It is composed of mature forest land and over 2,000 acres (8 km2) of sand dunes. The park is 1.5 miles (2.4 km) wide and 3 miles (4.8 km) long and is divided into three segments: The northern area is an all-terrain vehicle park, and is the only dunes area east of Utah where a private motorized vehicle may be driven from April 1 through October 31. The middle of the park is a non-vehicle area (The Walking Dunes), and the southernmost section is leased to a private operator.
The Little Sable Point Light is located just south of the park.
Facilities and activities
- Off-road Vehicle Trails
- Fishing: Anglers can try Silver Lake for walleye, northern pike, crappie and bass.
- Camping: The campground offers 200 modern campsites.
- Metal Detecting: Metal detecting is permitted in designated areas of the park. Found items are subject to review by park staff and may be retained pending further investigation.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Silver Lake State Park.|
- Silver Lake State Park Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- Silver Lake State Park Off-Road Vehicle Area Michigan DNR
- Silver Lake State Park Protected Planet (World Database on Protected Areas)
|This Oceana County, Michigan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|