Ventura on the red carpet of the 66th Venice Film Festival
1 April 1965 |
|Known for||Quelli che il Calcio|
Ventura started in TV on "Domani Sposi" with Giancarlo Magalli on Rai Uno. Her love for sport took her into sports reporting: for the Italian Telemontecarlo she was the correspondent during the 1990 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 1992 and the 1992 Summer Olympics.
At RAI, Ventura appeared with Pippo Baudo on the Sunday afternoon programme "Domenica In" (1991) and then, in 1992, the sports programme "Domenica Sportiva". She also been on "Pavarotti International".
Ventura's career continued on Mediaset channels hosting variety shows like "Mai dire gol", "Cuori e Denari, "Boom", "Scherzi a parte" (a programme very similar to Punk'd), "Festivalbar", "Le Iene", "Matricole", Gli indelebili '99, "Cari amici miei", "Zelig - Noi facciamo cabaret", and "Piccole Canaglie". In all, she spent eight years at Mediaset.
In 2001 Simona went back to Rai Due to host the seventh edition of the Sunday afternoon show "Quelli che il calcio" and a prime time show called "Quelli che lo smoking". In 2002 Pippo Baudo chose her for the "Dopofestival" (a variety show about the Sanremo Music Festival) and she then presented a late night television show with Gene Gnocchi called "La grande notte del lunedì sera". She has been presenting the Italian version of Celebrity Survivor, L'Isola Dei Famosi since 2003. In 2004 she was host presenter of San Remo Music Festival. In 2005 and 2006 she presented Music farm, a show similar to the Hit Me, Baby, One More Time format, on Rai Due.
She presented "Quelli che il Calcio" until 2011.
Simona Ventura led the popular reality show L'isola dei famosi for 8 editions. In the fall of 2009 she abandoned his role as a judge on X Factor. Working on his two most important programs, Simona Ventura in May 2011 will have some problems with the company, the director of RAI 2 Massimo Liofredi tried not to renew the contract of Simona Ventura for this reason, after she signed a contract with Sky.
Simona Ventura signed a contract for two years with satellite platform Sky after almost 10 years spent working at RAI bringing good advertising revenue, becoming the queen of RAI 2, leaving the company to move to the satellite network.
In early 2016 Simona Ventura returned in Mediaset as a contestant of the XI season of the popular reality show L'isola dei famosi now hosted by Alessia Marcuzzi with Alvin on Canale 5 and won by Giacobbe Fragomeni.
In the autumn of 2016 Mariano Di Vaio (in couple with the dancer Stefano De Martino, former husband of Belen Rodriguez) is one of the tutors/mentors of the first season of Selfie – Le cose cambiano, the new talent show produced by Fascino PGT of Maria De Filippi and aired by Canale 5 with Simona Ventura as presenter. Bernardo Corradi (in couple with the dancer Stefano De Martino, former husband of Belen Rodriguez) in May-June 2017 is one of the tutors/mentors in the second season of Selfie – Le cose cambiano, a talent show produced by Fascino PGT of Maria De Filippi and aired by Canale 5 with Simona Ventura as presenter.
She acted in the film Fratelli Coltelli in 1997
In 2009 Ventura was trolled by English rock band Muse in her show "Quelli che.. il Calcio".
Ventura has won 4 Telegatti as Best Female Figure of the Year.
- Domani sposi (Rai 1, 1988)
- Domenica In (Rai 1, 1991-1992)
- Pavarotti International (Rai 1, 1991)
- Domenica Sportiva (Rai 1, 1992)
- Mai dire gol (Italia 1, 1994-1997)
- Cuori e denari (Canale 5, 1995)
- Scherzi a parte (Italia 1,1995; Canale 5,1999)
- Boom (Canale 5, 1998)
- Festivalbar 1997 (Italia 1, 1997)
- Gli indelebili '99 (Italia 1, 1999)
- Matricole (Italia 1, 1997-2000)
- Le Iene (Italia 1, 1997-2001)
- Comici (Italia 1, 2000)
- Cari amici miei (Italia 1, 2000)
- Zelig - Facciamo cabaret (Italia 1, 2000-2001)
- Piccole Canaglie (Italia 1, 2001)
- Quelli che... il calcio (Rai 2, 2001-2011)
- Dopofestival (Rai 1, 2002)
- La grande notte del lunedì sera (Rai 2, 2002)
- L'isola dei famosi (Rai 2, 2003-2011)
- Festival di Sanremo (Rai 1, 2004)
- MTV Europe Music Awards (MTV, 2004)
- Le tre scimmiette (Rai 1, 2005)
- Music Farm (Rai 2, 2005-2006)
- Children's Party at the Palace (BBC One, 2006)
- Colpo di genio (Rai 1, 2007)
- X Factor (Rai 2, 2008-2009; Sky Uno, 2011-2013)
- Simona Goes to Hollywood (Sky Uno, 2012)
- Oscar Fashion Night (Sky Uno, 2012)
- Simona goes to Hollywood – The day after (Sky Uno, 2012)
- MTV Europe Music Awards (MTV, 2015)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Simona Ventura.|