Ventura on the red carpet of the 66th Venice Film Festival
April 1, 1965 |
Ventura started in TV on "Domani Sposi" with Giancarlo Magalli on Rai Uno. Her love for sport took her into sports reporting: for the Italian Telemontecarlo she was the correspondent during the 1990 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 1992 and the 1992 Summer Olympics.
At RAI, Ventura appeared with Pippo Baudo on the Sunday afternoon programme "Domenica In" (1991) and then, in 1992, the sports programme "Domenica Sportiva". She also been on "Pavarotti International".
Years at Mediaset
Ventura's career continued on Mediaset channels hosting variety shows like "Mai dire gol", "Cuori e Denari, "Boom", "Scherzi a parte" (a programme very similar to Punk'd), "Festivalbar", "Le Iene", "Matricole", Gli indelebili '99, "Cari amici miei", "Zelig - Noi facciamo cabaret", and "Piccole Canaglie". In all, she spent eight years at Mediaset.
Years at RAI
In 2001 Simona went back to Rai Due to host the seventh edition of the Sunday afternoon show "Quelli che il calcio" and a prime time show called "Quelli che lo smoking". In 2002 Pippo Baudo chose her for the "Dopofestival" (a variety show about the Sanremo Music Festival) and she then presented a late night television show with Gene Gnocchi called "La grande notte del lunedì sera". She has been presenting the Italian version of Celebrity Survivor, L'Isola Dei Famosi since 2003. In 2004 she was host presenter of San Remo Music Festival. In 2005 and 2006 she presented Music farm, a show similar to the Hit Me, Baby, One More Time format, on Rai Due.
She is still hosting "Quelli che il calcio."
Simona was a judge in the two first series of the Italian X-Factor.
Simona Ventura led the popular reality show for 8 editions L'isola dei famosi,in the fall of 2009 she abandoned his role as a judge on X Factor, working on his two most important programsSimona Ventura in May 2011 will have some problems with the company, the director of RAI 2 Massimo Liofredi tried not to renew the contract of Simona Ventura for this reason, after she signed a contract with SKy Italy
Years at SKY
Simona Ventura signed a contract for two years with the satellite platform, Sky Italy, after almost 10years spent working at RAI bringing good advertising revenue, becoming the queen of RAI 2, leaving the company to move to the satellite network. One of the early work of Simona Ventura will be X-Factor where she will again sit in the role of judge. According to the rumors indiscreet Ventura has received a fee of 3 million euro for 2 years.
She acted in the film Fratelli Coltelli in 1997
In 2009 Simona was trolled by English rock band Muse in her show "Quelli che.. il Calcio".
In 2009 Simona attended the Cannes Film Festival in May.
Ventura has won 4 Telegatti as Best Female Figure of the Year.
- Domani sposi (Rai 1, 1988)
- Domenica In (Rai 1, 1991-1992)
- Pavarotti International (Rai 1, 1991)
- Domenica Sportiva (Rai 1, 1992)
- Mai dire gol (Italia 1, 1994-1997)
- Cuori e denari (Canale 5, 1995)
- Scherzi a parte (Italia 1,1995; Canale 5,1999)
- Boom (Canale 5, 1998)
- Festivalbar 1997 (Italia 1, 1997)
- Gli indelebili '99 (Italia 1, 1999)
- Matricole (Italia 1, 1997-2000)
- Le Iene (Italia 1, 1997-2001)
- Comici (Italia 1, 2000)
- Cari amici miei (Italia 1, 2000)
- Zelig - Facciamo cabaret (Italia 1, 2000-2001)
- Piccole Canaglie (Italia 1, 2001)
- Quelli che... il calcio (Rai 2, 2001-2011)
- Dopofestival (Rai 1, 2002)
- La grande notte del lunedì sera (Rai 2, 2002)
- L'isola dei famosi (Rai 2, 2003-2011)
- Festival di Sanremo (Rai 1, 2004)
- Le tre scimmiette (Rai 1, 2005)
- Music Farm (Rai 2, 2005-2006)
- Colpo di genio (Rai 1, 2007)
- X Factor (Rai 2, 2008-2009; Rai 1, 19 Aprile 2009; Sky Uno, Dal 2011)
- Simona Goes to Hollywood (Sky Uno, 2012)
- Oscar Fashion Night (Sky Uno, 2012)
- Simona goes to Hollywood – The day after (Sky Uno, 2012)
- MTV Europe Music Awards (MTV, 2015)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Simona Ventura.|