|This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (August 2015)|
|Key people:||Patricia Bermudez-Hizon (Head, Sports5)
Vitto Lazatin (Vice-president, Sports5)
|Slogan:||Sports you watch, sports that matter.|
TV5 Sports or Sports5 (formerly ABC Sports from 2004 to 2008) is a division of TV5, which airs many of the sports events in the Philippines. The world's second oldest professional basketball league, Philippine Basketball Association, was its flagship program since it acquired the television rights from 2004 to 2008 and from 2011.
It is headed by veteran sportscaster Patricia Bermudez-Hizon, while former Solar Sports personality Vitto Lazatin is the vice-president.
Sports5 is the Sports division arm of TV5 Network Inc. In 2011, TV5 and IBC, inked a blocktime deal which subsequently became AKTV. It was launched on May 5, 2011 through a marathon held at the Mall Of Asia Grounds in Pasay City.
Until its flagship primetime sports block's closure in 2013 due to high blocktime costs and poor ratings, most of its programs are aired on IBC through its programming block AKTV. From June 2013 onwards, most of its sports coverages are shown on TV5, AksyonTV and Hyper. It is headquartered at TV5 Media Center, Reliance cor. Sheridan sts., Mandaluyong City.
Sports5 is the official TV partner of the Olympic Games in the Philippines from 2014 to 2016. In 2016, Sports5 acquired the Philippine broadcast rights (from ABS-CBN Sports) to air Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on free TV and satellite.
- Philippine Basketball Association
- Philippine Super Liga (including Power Tips)
- Pacific Xtreme Combat
- WWE SmackDown
- Ultimate Fighting Championship (including UFC Fight Night matches)
- UFC Now
- UFC Presents
- UFC Unleashed
- UFC Ultimate Insider
- The Ultimate Fighter
Standalone TV programs
- Football Younghusband Instructionals
- Dare The Younghusbands
- They Call Me Coach
- No Holds Barred: We Ask The Questions, You Get The Answers
- The Bro Show
- The Perfect Round
- Nth Degree
- Full Court Report
- GG Network
- Olympics official broadcaster for the Philippines (2014–2016)
- AKTV (2011–2013)
- ASEAN Basketball League (2009–2010)
- PBA on ABC/TV5 (2004–2008)
- NCAA Games (2012–2015; returned to ABS-CBN Sports)
- Ringside (2004–2008)
- NBA (2007–2008)
- 2011 Philippine Open Pool Championship
- MVP Cup
- 2005 Southeast Asian Games
- 2012 London Olympics Games Sports Coverage
- Shakey's V-League
- Ronda Pilipinas
- Nike Rise
- Filsports Basketball Association
- Sports 360
- Manny Pacquiao presents Blow by Blow
- United Football League
- Speedo G-League
- "TV5 gets rights to air UFC fights as Balls Channel announces it is going off the air". Spin.ph. 21 December 2015. Retrieved 21 December 2015.