St George West (ward)
|St George West|
Boundaries of the city council ward.
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Police||Avon and Somerset|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
St George West is a district (Ward) of Bristol. Its councillors are Ron Stone and Peter Hammond (both Labour). It can be found in the outer east of the city of Bristol. According to a report released by Bristol City Council, St George West has an average crime rate.
Of the 10,925 people who live in the ward, 10,253 were born in the United Kingdom. In addition to this four people were born in North Africa. In addition, 202 people living in the ward were born in Asia.
St George West, Bristol can be found in the parliamentary ward that is served by Kerry McCarthy.
There are five schools in the ward. This includes Air Balloon Hill Infant and Junior Schools, Air Balloon Hill Junior School, Speedwell Nursery School, St. Patrick's Catholic Primary School and Summerhill School.
The 1995 local election in St. George West was won by Ronald Edward Stone and John Edward Deasy, who were the Labour party candidates. In 1997, there was a 68.21% turnout for an election which was won by the Labour party. The Labour party has continued to win the local election in the ward, although in 2007 they achieved only 38.24% of the vote. This was less than 2% more than the Conservative Party candidate, who was in second place. More recently, in the 2008 by-election, after the death of the Labour candidate the Conservative party has attracted some controversy after replacing their previous candidate, Angelo Agathangelou, with Colin Bretherton.
Of the 10,928 people in the ward, approximately 146 are under the age of one. The majority of the resident are of working age, although 401 are aged between 75 and 79. No people in the ward are aged over 100.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St George West (Bristol ward).|
- "Development Control Areas and Ward Boundaries".
- "Reported Domestic Burglaries Density". Retrieved 8 May 2008.
- "Area: St George West (Ward)". Retrieved 8 May 2008.
- "Constituency Details for St. George West Ward". Retrieved 10 May 2008.
- "List of St. George West ward schools". Retrieved 10 May 2008.
- "Air Balloon Hill Infants School". Retrieved 10 May 2008.
- "Speedwell Nursery School". Retrieved 10 May 2008.
- "St. Patrick's Catholic Primary School". Retrieved 10 May 2008.
- "Bristol City Council Election Results for 4 May 1995". Retrieved 10 May 2008.
- "Bristol City Council Election Results for 3 May 2007". Retrieved 11 May 2008.
- "Bristol Tory leaders branded lunatics by rejected candidate". Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- "Area: St George West (Ward)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 13 December 2015.