Downend, South Gloucestershire
The old vicarage, typical late 19th century architecture of Downend
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Police||Avon and Somerset|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
Downend is an affluent residential outer suburb of Bristol in Gloucestershire, England, the housing stock is typically terraced Victorian, 1930s and 1950s semi-detached and detached. It is in the South Gloucestershire local district, located to the northeast of Bristol and bordered by the Bristol City suburb of Fishponds, and the South Gloucestershire suburbs of Staple Hill, Frenchay, Mangotsfield, and Emersons Green.
Olympic bronze medal winner Jenny Jones (snowboarder) was also born in Downend.
- "civil parish population 2011". Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "The history of D&BH Parish Council". Downend & Bromley Heath Parish Council. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "Ward population 2011". Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Tory Tim Bowles elected West of England mayor"". BBC News. 5 May 2017.
- "DOWNEND HOUSE - 1116188 Historic England". Historic England. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Downend, South Gloucestershire.|