|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Hanham is an urban area located in the Constituency of Kingswood and situated on the A431 between Bristol, Bath and Keynsham. It is in the unitary authority of South Gloucestershire. It became a civil parish on 1 April 2003. The population of this civil parish taken at the 2011 census was 6,128.
Hanham will also be the first place in the UK to trial Gordon Brown's new eco-towns. Built on the former Hanham Hall Hospital site, the new village will serve as a blueprint for Gordon Brown's proposed five eco-towns that will provide up to 100,000 zero-carbon dwellings across the country.
- "Parish population 2011.Retrieved 20 March 2015".
- "Ward population 2011.Retrieved 20 March 2015".
- Hanham, Longwell Green and Willsbridge – Picture Past, by David G. Elliot, page 23.
- Hanham Hall
- Hanham Hall Historic Characterisation (Report). English Heritage. 21 September 2007. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- Alison Benjamin (14 December 2007). "Barratt contracted to build UK's first eco-village". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 September 2012.