(Redirected from Stainless steel wire mesh)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- A plastic mesh may be extruded, oriented, expanded, woven or tubular. It can be made from polypropylene, polyethylene, nylon, PVC or PTFE.
- A metal mesh may be woven, knitted, welded, expanded, photo-chemically etched or electroformed (screen filter) from steel or other metals.
- In clothing, mesh is loosely woven or knitted fabric that has a large number of closely spaced holes. Knitted mesh is frequently used for modern sports jerseys and other clothing.
- A mesh skin graft is a skin patch that has been cut systematically to create a mesh. Meshing of skin grafts provides coverage of a greater surface area at the recipient site, and also allows for the egress of serous or sanguinous fluid. However, it results in a rather pebbled appearance upon healing that may ultimately look less aesthetically pleasing.
- Fiberglass mesh is a neatly woven, crisscross pattern of fiberglass thread that can be used to create new products such as door screens, filtration components, and reinforced adhesive tapes. It is commonly sprayed with a PVC coating to make it stronger, last longer, and to prevent skin irritation.
- Meshes are often used to screen out insects. Wire screens on windows and mosquito netting are meshes.
- Wire screens can be used to shield against radio frequency radiation, e.g. in microwave ovens and Faraday cages.
- Metal and nylon wire mesh filters are used in filtration.
- Wire mesh is used in guarding for secure areas and as protection in the form of vandal screens.
- Wire mesh can be fabricated to produce park benches, waste baskets and other baskets for material handling.
- Woven meshes are basic to screen printing.
- Surgical mesh is used to provide a reinforcing structure in surgical procedures like inguinal hernioplasty, and umbilical hernia repair.
- Meshes are used as drum heads in practice and electronic drum sets.
- Fence for livestock or poultry (chicken wire or hardware cloth)
- Humane animal trapping uses woven or welded wire mesh cages (chicken wire or hardware cloth) to trap wild animals like raccoons and skunks in populated areas.
- Meshes can be used for eyes in masks.
- The mesh can be defined use these ways: Material; Opening; Wire Diameter; Mesh size;Open edge or closed edge; Mesh count.
- Expanded metal
- Faraday cage
- Heating mantle
- Mesh (scale)
- Polygon mesh
|Look up mesh in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|