Stanford Center for Design Research
The Center for Design Research is a research center at Stanford University, in Stanford, California. The Center for Design Research was founded in 1984 by a collection of faculty from Stanford's famed Design Division, with money from companies including Apple Computer, BMW, Hewlett-Packard, Sun Microsystems, and Toshiba Corporation. Today, CDR acts as a nexus for graduate students and researchers in a number of affiliated research labs, headed by Professors Larry Leifer (Director), Mark Cutkosky, Sheri Sheppard, and Allison Okamura. The research staff includes Wendy Ju, Lauren Aquino Shluzas and George Toye.
The CDR is located in Building 560 at 424 Panama Mall, at the center of the "Design Quad".
- Official CDR Web Site
- Design Group at Stanford University
- Stanford Mechanical Engineering 310 (me310) Web Site
- Stanford Foresight Engineering Web Site
- The Hasso Plattner Institute of Design
- Stanford Joint Program in Design