State Security Administration (Ukraine)
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Administration of State Guard of Ukraine
Управління державної охорони України
Logo of the Administration of State Guard of Ukraine
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Governing body||President of Ukraine|
|Agency executive||Colonel General Valeriy Heletey, Director|
Administration of State Guard of Ukraine (Ukrainian: Управління державної охорони України) is a law enforcement agency of special assignment that is subordinated to the President of Ukraine and under control of Verkhovna Rada.
- providing a state guard to bodies of state power of Ukraine
- ensuring security of officials identified by Law at place of their location as in Ukraine as in abroad
- ensuring security of officials' family members identified by Law who live with them or escort them
- prevent illegal encroachment on officials and their family members as well as objects under the state security, their detection and suppression
- guarding objects identified by Law
- ensuring a secure operation of vehicles intended for specified by Law officials
The agency was created on January 15, 1992, as administration in guarding the higher officials and was renamed in the summer of the same year. Its direct history as a direct successor of the Soviet state structure it traces back to 1975, when the 9th KGB service was created out of the Ministry of State Security of Ukrainian SSR. From September 1991 to January 1992 the service was called the 9th Guard Administration of the National Security Service of Ukraine.