Statue of Franz Kafka
This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in Czech. (March 2017) Click [show] for important translation instructions.
|Statue of Franz Kafka|
|Location||Prague, Czech Republic|
|50°5′24.4″N 14°25′14.6″E / 50.090111°N 14.420722°E|
A statue of Franz Kafka by artist Jaroslav Róna was installed on Vězeňská street in the Jewish Quarter of Prague, Czech Republic in December 2003. It is situated near the Spanish Synagogue. It depicts Franz Kafka riding on the shoulders of a headless figure, in reference to the author's 1912 story "Description of a Struggle" (Beschreibung eines Kampfes).
- ^ Thomas, Alfred (2015). "Kafka's Statue : Memory and Forgetting in Postsocialist Prague". Revue des Études Slaves. 86 (1/2): 157–169. doi:10.4000/res.677. JSTOR 43493528.
- Media related to Franz Kafka statue by Jaroslav Róna at Wikimedia Commons
- 2003 establishments in the Czech Republic
- 2003 sculptures
- Cultural depictions of Franz Kafka
- Monuments and memorials in Prague
- Old Town (Prague)
- Outdoor sculptures in Prague
- Sculptures of men in Prague
- Statues in Prague
- Statues of writers
- Works about Franz Kafka
- Josefov (Prague)
- 21st-century architecture in the Czech Republic
- Czech Republic sculpture stubs