Stratton Township, Edgar County, Illinois
Location in Edgar County
Edgar County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||24.8 sq mi (64 km2)|
|• Land||24.8 sq mi (64 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||666 ft (203 m)|
|• Density||19.4/sq mi (7.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429804|
Stratton Township is one of fifteen townships in Edgar County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 481 and it contained 230 housing units. The name of the township was Wayne Township until May 9, 1857.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 24.8 square miles (64 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Vermilion (north three-quarters)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Blackburn, Little Grove and Pryor. There have been records found for Oak Grove, Whalen, and Wilkins.
- Paris Community Unit School District 4
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Stratton Township, Edgar County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|Paris Township||Clinton Township, Vermillion County, Indiana
Fayette Township, Vigo County, Indiana
|Symmes Township||Elbridge Township|