This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Penmatsa Subba Raju|
27 February 1977
Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh, India
Penmatsa Subbaraju (born 27 February 1977) is an Indian actor who has acted in many Tollywood films in a variety of roles, from negative to supporting characters. His most notable works include Amma Nanna O' Tamil Ammayi, Arya, Pokiri, Leader, Mirchi, and Baahubali 2: The Conclusion.
Subbaraju was born in Bhimavaram, to Penmatsa Ramakrishnam Raju and Vijayalakshmi. He has one elder brother, Pullam Raju, who is a Sanskrit teacher. Subbaraju did his education in D. N. R. College, Bhimavaram. He did his bachelor's degree in Mathematics before doing a computer course and joining Dell Computers, Hyderabad.
Subbaraju's introduction to the cinema world was an accident. Tollywood director Krishna Vamsi's personal assistant asked Subbaraju to fix a computer issue for Krishna Vamsi's personal computer. After going to Krishna Vamsi's house, Subbaraju was then offered a small role in Krishna Vamsi's Khadgam.
- Subbaraju made his debut in Tollywood with the film Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi, directed by Puri Jagannadh. He played the role of a boxer, who is defeated by the hero in the climax. This role brought him opportunities to star as a fighter/small negative roles in subsequent films.
- He played a henchman who will do anything for his boss in the movie Arya. In one scene the heroine slaps him with her slipper, leading him to consider killing his boss' son to exact his revenge. The boss's son is played by Siva Balaji.
- He played a role in Nenunnanu as Shriya's cheating lover.
- He played a land settlement mafia gangster Mallesh in the movie Pokiri, he attempts to kill hero Mahesh Babu, but towards the end he is killed by the hero.
- He played a role of comic-villain in Ram Gopal Varma's Dongala Muththa
- Although he wants to do different types of roles, he is mainly offered villain/negative role because of his physique.
- Currently, he dons different roles in Tollywood, Kollywood as well as Bollywood.
- He is playing a hero in the remake of Kannada Film Duniya. Malli will direct the film.
- He has been in transitional phase from negative to a redeeming character in movies lately, as can be seen in Mirchi (2013).
- He later played a positive role in Ravi Teja's Power.
- He Played the role of Kumara Varma in Baahubali 2: The Conclusion 
|Patel S. I. R.||ACP Viswas||Telugu|
|Duvvada Jagannadham||Royyala Avinash aka Chanti||Telugu|
|Baahubali: The Conclusion||Kumara Varma||Telugu
|2016||Madha Gaja Raja||Tamil|
|2013||Sound Thoma||Malayalam||Malayalam Debut|
|Iddarammayilatho||Shawar Ali's brother||Telugu|
|2012||Devudu Chesina Manushulu||CI Subbaraju||Telugu|
|Bodyguard||Shankaram||Telugu||Remake of the Malayalam film Bodyguard|
|Businessman||Jai Dev's henchman||Telugu|
|Dookudu||Dinesh Goud||Telugu||He acted as a dumb.|
|Bbuddah... Hoga Terra Baap||Yera||Hindi|
|Nenu Naa Rakshasi||Inspector Vikram||Telugu|
|Aha Naa Pellanta||Kiriti Das||Telugu||50th film|
|Golconda High School||Kiriti Das||Telugu|
|2008||Maa Ayana Chanti Pilladu||Veerababu||Telugu|
|Neninthe||Mallik||Telugu||Telugu film actor|
|Satya In Love||Heroin's Elder Brother(Telugu Factionist)||Kannada|
|Yogi||Saidulu||Telugu||Remake of the Kannada Film Jogi|
|Pokiri||Mallesh (Villain Gang Member)||Telugu|
|Subash Chandra Bose||Telugu|
|Sadaa Mee Sevalo||Telugu|
|M. Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi||Anand||Tamil||Remake of Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi|
|2003||Guest House||Villain's friend||Telugu|
|Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi||Anand||Telugu|