This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Penmetsa Subba Raju
Penmetsa Subbaraju is an Indian actor. He acted in many Tollywood films in a variety of roles, from negative to supporting characters. His most notable works include Amma Nanna O' Tamil Ammayi, Arya, Pokiri, Leader, Mirchi, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion, and Geetha Govindam.
Subbaraju was born in Bhimavaram, to Penmatsa Ramakrishnam Raju and Vijayalakshmi. He has one elder brother, Pullam Raju, who is a Sanskrit teacher. Subbaraju did his education in D. N. R. College, Bhimavaram. He did his bachelor's degree in Mathematics before doing a computer course and joining Dell Computers, Hyderabad.
Subbaraju's introduction to the cinema world was an accident. Tollywood director Krishna Vamsi's personal assistant asked Subbaraju to fix a computer issue for Krishna Vamsi's personal computer. After going to Krishna Vamsi's house, Subbaraju was then offered a small role in Krishna Vamsi's Khadgam.
- Subbaraju made his debut in Tollywood with the film Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi, directed by Puri Jagannadh. He played the role of a boxer, who is defeated by the hero in the climax. This role brought him opportunities to star as a fighter/small negative roles in subsequent films.
- He played a henchman who will do anything for his boss in the movie Arya. In one scene the heroine slaps him with her slipper, leading him to consider killing his boss' son to exact his revenge. The boss's son is played by Siva Balaji.
- He played a role in Nenunnanu as Shriya's cheating lover.
- He played a land settlement mafia gangster Mallesh in the movie Pokiri, he attempts to kill hero Mahesh Babu, but towards the end he is killed by the hero.
- He played a role of comic-villain in Ram Gopal Varma's Dongala Mutha
- Although he wants to do different types of roles, he is mainly offered villain/negative role because of his physique. However, of late he has been portraying all types of roles.
- Currently, he dons different roles in Tollywood, Kollywood as well as Bollywood.
- He is playing a hero in the remake of Kannada Film Duniya. Malli will direct the film.
- He played Police in Nenu Naa Rakshasi
- He has been in transitional phase from negative to a redeeming character in movies lately, as can be seen in Mirchi (2013).
- He later played a positive role in Ravi Teja's Power.
- He Played the role of Kumara Varma in Baahubali 2: The Conclusion 
- He played the role of Phaneendra, the heroine's brother in Geetha Govindam.
|Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi||Anand|
|Guest House||Villain's friend|
|Sadaa Mee Sevalo|
|Subash Chandra Bose|
|Pokiri||Mallesh (Villain Gang Member)|
|Yogi||Saidulu||Remake of the Kannada Film Jogi|
|Maa Ayana Chanti Pilladu||Veerababu|
|2011||Golconda High School||Kiriti Das|
|Aha Naa Pellanta||Sanjana's brother||50th film|
|Dongala Mutha||Hotel Receptionist|
|Nenu Naa Rakshasi||Inspector Vikram|
|2012||Businessman||Jai Dev's henchman|
|Bodyguard||Shankaram||Remake of the Malayalam film Bodyguard|
|Devudu Chesina Manushulu||CI Subbaraju|
|Iddarammayilatho||Shawar Ali's brother|
|Baahubali: The Conclusion||Kumara Varma|
|Duvvada Jagannadham||Royyala Avinash aka Chanti|
|Patel S. I. R.||ACP Viswas|
|F2 - Fun And Frustration||NTR, Dora Swamy Naidu's son|
|Mr. Majnu||Ramesh Babu|
|2004||M. Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi||Anand||Remake of Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi|
|Saravana||Soundarapandiyan's assistant||Remake of Bhadra|
|2007||Pokkiri||Korattur Logu||Remake of Pokiri|
|2017||Baahubali: The Conclusion||Kumara Varma|
|Satya In Love||Heroin's Elder Brother (Telugu Factionist)|
|2011||Bbuddah... Hoga Terra Baap||Yera|
|2013||Sound Thoma||SI Rakesh|