|Muhammad Subhan Qureshi|
1959 (age 58–59)|
|Alma mater||University of Agriculture, Faisalabad · University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences|
|Institutions||University of Agriculture, Peshawar · Dairy Science Park · Charles Sturt University|
Muhammad Subhan Qureshi (Pashto/Urdu: محمد سبحان قريشي; born 1959) is a biologist from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan, who is the founder and chief patron of Dairy Science Park. He also works as a dean at the University of Agriculture, Peshawar, Pakistan, and as adjunct professor at Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga, Australia.
Early life and career
Qureshi came from a traditional, intellectual family, and belongs to the Bannu District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. After completing his early education in Bannu, Qureshi graduated from the University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore in 1982 and then joined the provincial Livestock Department as a veterinary officer in Peshawar. Meanwhile, he joined the University of Agriculture, Faisalabad and completed his MSc and PhD degrees in animal reproduction.
In 1998, in light of his findings under his doctoral thesis on judicial utilization of livestock resources, Qureshi prepared Chief Minister’s Livestock Development Plan on advice of the provincial Chief Minister Sardar Mehtab Abbasi. Later in 2003, Qureshi's plan was also approved by the Chief Minister Akram Khan Durrani. In 2005, Qureshi joined the University of Agriculture, Peshawar as a full professor, and he was raised to the status of Dean of the Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences. He contributed as Dairy Expert in a Pak-Australia Dairy project. He also worked as Visiting Professor and then Adjunct Professor at Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga, Australia. To introduce business incubation concepts, Qureshi organized a series of conferences on Dairy Science Park. Three international workshops on it were held in 2011, 2013, and 2015, respectively, at the University of Agriculture, Peshawar, each of which was attended by over 500 participants from academia, business and farming community, and development and government organizations of regional countries.
- Qureshi, M. Subhan (1992). "Comparative efficiency of rectal palpation and milk progesterone profiles in diagnosing ovarian contents in buffaloes" (PDF). Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Research. Pakistan Agricultural Research Council. 13 (2): 196–200.
- Qureshi, M. Subhan (1995). "Conventional buffalo farming system in NWFP Pakistan" (PDF). Buffalo Bulletin. International Buffalo Information Center, Kasetsart University. 14 (2): 38–41.
- Qureshi, M. Subhan (2000). "Milk progesterone profiles in various reproductive states in dairy buffaloes under field conditions". Proceedings of the National Science Council, Republic of China. Part B, Life sciences. Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of China. 24 (2): 70–75.
- Qureshi, M. Subhan (2002). "Reproduction-nutrition relationship in dairy buffaloes. I. Effect of intake of protein, energy and blood metabolites levels" (PDF). Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences. Asian-Australasian Association of Animal Production Societies. 15 (3): 330–339. doi:10.5713/ajas.2002.330.
- Qureshi, M. Subhan (2008). "Interaction of calf suckling, use of oxytocin and milk yield with reproductive performance of dairy buffaloes" (PDF). Animal Reproduction Science. Elsevier. 106 (3): 380–392. doi:10.1016/j.anireprosci.2007.05.019.
- Qureshi, M. Subhan (2010). "Pregnancy depresses milk yield in Dairy Buffaloes" (PDF). Italian Journal of Animal Science. Animal Science and Production Association. 6 (2s): 1290–1293. doi:10.4081/ijas.2007.s2.1290.
- Qureshi, M. Subhan (2013). "Effect of extenders, postdilution intervals, and seasons on semen quality in dairy goats" (PDF). Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey. 37: 147–152. doi:10.3906/vet-1110-24.
- Qureshi, M. Subhan (2013). "Scope for biological sensing technologies in meat production and export in northern Pakistan". IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. IOP Publishing. 51 (1). doi:10.1088/1757-899X/51/1/012013.
- "Board of Governors". Dairy Science Park. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- Dean Faculty of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Sciences: Prof. Dr. Muhammad Subhan Qureshi. University of Agriculture, Peshawar.
- Current VA Staff. Charles Sturt University.
- "Chief Minister NWFP approved Livestock plan". Pakissan.com. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Workshop on Dairy Science Park". Business Recorder. 24 October 2015. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Dairy Science Park". The University of Agriculture, Peshawar. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Minister to open workshop on Dairy Science Park". The Frontier Post. 14 November 2015. Archived from the original on 7 May 2016. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Two-day global moot on 'dairy science park' held at AUP". Business Recorder. 29 November 2015. Retrieved 14 April 2016.