Summon Night 3
|Summon Night 3|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable|
Summon Night 3 (Japanese: サモンナイト３ Hepburn: Samon Naito Surī) is the third main entry in the Summon Night series of video games. The game was initially developed by Flight-Plan and released by Banpresto for the PlayStation 2 in 2003. The game was later remade for the PlayStation Portable in 2012. Both versions were only released in Japan, not being localized into English for any other regions.
The initial version of the game was developed by Flight-Plan and published by Banpresto. The game was released on August 7, 2003, on the PlayStation 2 video game console. The game was only released in Japan, it was not localized into English for any other regions.
The PSP version of the game was created upon Namco Bandai acquiring Banpresto, who had the rights to the Summon Night IP. The game, along with its sequel, Summon Night 4, were remade in order to promote the release of a new game on the platform, 2013's Summon Night 5. With Flight-Plan's closure, all three titles were developed by Felistella. The game was released on October 4, 2012.
Reception and sales
The PlayStation 2 release of the game sold over 156,000 copies it first week of sales, higher than both of the later mainline series releases.
- "How Namco Bandai Beefed Up Summon Night 3 & 4 For PSP". Siliconera. 24 July 2012.
- "Hardcore Gaming 101: Summon Night". Hardcore Gaming 101.
- "Banpresto conjuring up Summon Night sequel?". GameSpot.
- "Summon Night 3 (PlayStation 2)". IGN.
- "Summon Night 3". GameSpot.
- "Summon Night 5 Summoned For PSP In Spring 2013". Siliconera. 24 December 2012.
- "Summon Night 5 Remains Popular With Series Fans". Siliconera. 24 May 2013.
- "Summon Night 5 Set For May, Has Guests From Summon Night 3". Siliconera. 18 February 2013.
- "Project X Zone 2 Adds Characters From Ace Attorney, God Eater 2, And More". Siliconera. 12 May 2015.