TD Canada Trust
"Banking can be this comfortable"
|Founded||Toronto, Ontario (2000)|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Number of locations
|Approximately 1,100 branches, and 2,600 ATMs|
|Bharat Masrani, President & CEO |
TD Canada Trust is the personal, small business and commercial banking operation of the Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) in Canada. TD Canada Trust offers a range of financial services and products to more than 10 million Canadian customers through more than 1,100 branches and 2,600 "Green Machine" ATMs.
The current TD Canada Trust division was formed after TD's acquisition of Canada Trust in 2000. All new and most existing accounts are officially issued by TD Bank (Institution Number: 004), although Canada Trust (Institution Number: 509) remains a separate subsidiary entity, and remains the issuer of accounts opened at that institution prior to the merger.
Since 2012, TD has been phasing-out the "Canada Trust" part of its name from its logo online, in advertisements, and on stationery.
Canada Trust was formerly an independent company, founded in London, Ontario in 1864 as Huron and Erie Savings and Loan Society.
The company was acquired by TD Bank in 2000, which adopted the new brand name "TD Bank Financial Group". Canada Trust's retail division was merged with TD's existing retail banking operations over the course of 2000-2001 to collectively form "TD Canada Trust". Canada Trust President and CEO W. Edmund Clark was made President and COO of TD, and later ascended to President and CEO of TD Bank Financial Group in 2002.
TD Canada Trust markets itself as having longer hours than any other major bank. Since late 2007, most branches are open 8-6 Monday to Wednesday (some until 8pm), 8-8 Thursday and Friday, and 8-4 on Saturday, with some exceptions for very low-traffic branches. As of February 2011, over 300 branches are open 11-4 on Sundays. All branches are closed most statutory holidays.
TD Customers are able to do online banking through TD's EasyWeb system. EasyWeb allows users to perform transactions, manage bills, update personal information, manage investments, and view banking histories.
In 2011, TD Canada Trust launched a mobile banking app for iOS, Android and BlackBerry platforms, allowing clients to perform many of the same transactions that are available through EasyWeb online banking.
In June 2012, TD Canada Trust introduced an enhanced Access Card with the new VISA Debit /Interac Flash Access Card which allows customers to use it via phone/online and at international merchants through the Visa network.
- "Welcome to TD Bank Financial Group". TD Bank Financial Group. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "Corporate Information: Executive Biographies". TD Bank Financial Group. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- Sasha Yusufali (2012). TD Bank Financial Group. The Canadian Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "About Our Accounts and Related Service" (PDF). TD Canada Trust. 1 August 2012. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "Rule D4: Institution Numbers and Clearing Agengy/Representative Arrangements" (PDF). Canadian Payments Association. December 2012. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "TD Online Banking: An Overview of TD Online Banking". encyclopedia.jrank.org. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "Connect to TD anytime, anywhere". TD Financial Group. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "Your New TD Access Card". TD Financial Group. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TD Canada Trust.|